Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting! Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders. Job Summary:
This role will manage the daily administration of the DSI and Plexxikon equity programs. This role resides in the Finance team and works cross-functionally, particularly with Legal and HR to ensure the equity program is appropriately administered and in full compliance with regulations governing equity programs. This role is responsible for equity plan administration utilizing the equity platform.Responsibilities:
- Manages the day-to-day administration of the DSI and Plexxikon stock plans. Coordinates the administration of new equity grants, special equity grants, severance equity payouts, and the processing of annual grants during the year end cycle. Responsible for coordination of taxation and other related matters. Ensures proper approvals, agreements, and controls are in place. Maintains current and accurate data in the equity platform by conducing periodic validations.
- Administer and design equity compensation plans coordinating with Compensation for target awards setting by levels. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and applicable regulations along with securities laws
- Coordinates with multiple departments including Legal, Finance, Payroll, IT, and HR and with the company’s transfer agent. Supports internal/external audits as applicable (e.g., JSOX).
- Researches and recommends efforts to grow and scale the equity administration function, including but not limited to automating existing manual processes, evaluation of service platform, market aligned program enhancements, and so forth. Supports employee inquiries and understanding of equity awards and the equity program and policies. Ensures current materials are available on the intranet.
- Prepares custom reports and performs reconciliations to review accuracy of equity and transaction data. Partners with IT and HR on participation feeds and files.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree preferred
- 4 or More Years experience in administration of equity programs required
- 1 or More Years experience with U.S. federal, state, equity taxation and applicable regulations required
- 1 or More Years experience with US GAAP, SOX and JSOX required
- 1 or More Years experience building out employee education programs with regards to equity partnering with various HR functions and Legal required
- 1 or More Years experience with managing equity platforms and managing external equity administration providers required
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sarbanes Oxley Act (Sox) Compliance