At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Strategy and Transactions – Corporate Real Estate – Intern
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Transaction Real Estate Intern you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global Transaction Real Estate network of specialists who deliver high quality advice through each phase of the transaction process.
EY has an established industry leading Transaction Real Estate Practice. We address complex issues in commercial real estate. We advise our clients on analytical, valuation, operational, hospitality and other business advisory services. You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As an Intern within Transaction Real Estate – Corporate Real Estate (CRE) you are likely to spend your day working on advisory engagements involving portfolio analysis, including scenario development and financial modeling of companies and proposed projects. You will work with the engagement manager for CRE analysis assignments during Mergers & Acquisitions and will support global site selection, facilities management process, and portfolio optimization analyses. You will also:
• Identify opportunities for portfolio optimization, cost savings and improved ROI.
• Support clients in determining requirements for real estate that align with business plans.
• Analyze and make recommendations with respect to strategic dispositions, investment and market opportunities, hold versus sell analysis, feasibility studies, asset review and market studies, highest and best use analysis, acquisition and advice analysis and valuations for sale/leaseback purposes.
• Develop multiple practical options supported by strong business cases that optimize NPV and enhance personal productivity and innovation.
• Assess occupancy and vacancy to further identify opportunities to streamline clients’ real estate portfolios.
• Analyze inputs from the client’s strategic planning process business plans (business requirements, costs, facility information, cap-ex requirements, forecasts, occupancy data, lease and market data).
• Provide oversight to the client with various functions involved in the occupancy planning and portfolio planning processes to ensure decisions are made and progress is achieved.
• Integrate other overarching strategies related to workplace, sustainability, labor and finance to govern the portfolio and set a foundation for city master plans and individual asset strategies.
• Optimize clients’ internal and external real estate organizational structure with regards to insourcing vs. outsourcing facilities management/transaction management/space and occupancy planning/lease administration support, contract terms analyses and vendor selection.
• Support the creation of portfolio-related governance, processes and tools for our client assignments.
• Conduct demographic, business geography and site selection analysis, related to labor, network and customers (partner with another EY practice focused on incentives negotiation).
• Create execution plans.
• Oversee execution of RE portfolio plans (may include RE broker oversight and coordination).
• Create client deliverables to clearly present analytical findings in a visually compelling format (PowerPoint).
What we look for
• You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
• You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
• You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
§ A bachelor's or master’s degree in real estate, accounting, finance or business
§ Technology-savvy skills, with some experience in portfolio modeling software
§ A demonstrated interest in corporate real estate and/or experience with a consulting company or real estate brokerage firm
What’s in it for you
• Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
• Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
• Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
• Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
• If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other
leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
• Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
• In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
• Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
What we offer
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
- Facility Management
- Modern Portfolio Theories
- Financial Modeling
- Mergers And Acquisitions