To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
PenFed Credit Union • Alexandria, VA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
PenFed Credit Union is hiring an Accountant III at our Alexandria Service Center in Alexandria, Virginia. Assist the manager in performing complex accounting functions, including coordinating the design development, implementation and maintenance of automated financial systems; providing technical support to the Accounting Department; preparation of more complex financial reports including regulatory reporting for the IRS, state and local authorities, NCUA and the Federal Reserve Bank.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in all facets of the daily operations of the Accounting department, ensuring the accurate completion of all section duties within established time parameters and in accordance with all related regulations; policies and procedures; and state and federal laws
- Prepare, develop, implement, and administer the departmental records, systems and procedures; oversees, monitors, and quality controls the data entry.
- Prepare GL Account’s Reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Assist with GL closing process and prepares schedules and analytical reviews of GL Accounts.
- Participate in the planning, implementation and administration of financial systems, including, but not limited to Unifi (Loan Origination System), Fiserv (Loan Servicing), Hogan, PeopleSoft General Ledger, to develop, adjust, and/or enhance systems and procedures as required, due to changes in regulations and accounting policies.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee changes in the section's reports and procedures in order to accommodate changes in operation requirements, US GAAP, NCUA, IRS, State and local authorities’ rules and regulations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of section standards, policies and procedures, notifying staff as appropriate changes and overall objectives.
- Assist NCUA Examiners, external and internal Auditor teams during periodic examinations and audits.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related field is required and/or accounting certifications or direct PeopleSoft General Ledger experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in accounting and financial reporting is required, PeopleSoft General Ledger experience and Loan Servicing system experience preferred.
This position will not supervise employees
Licenses and Certifications
CPA or CPA candidate preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites may be required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-495-7921