Brief Description of SunnovaSunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is to Power Energy IndependenceTM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person. Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The Senior Accountant Position
Sunnova Energy is searching for a Senior Accountant to be responsible for various areas within general, hypothetical liquidation at book value (HLBV), and tax equity accounting. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this position requires managing accounting functions for month-end and quarterly-close tasks, account reconciliations, journal entries, supporting schedules, HLBV modeling inputs, and other key areas of general accounting.
The Senior Accountant will maintain an adequate system of corporate accounting records, controls designed to mitigate risk, ensuring that reported results comply with US generally accepted accounting principles.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities
- Performs accounting functions such as accounting for tax equity partnerships
- Performs member equity analyses for tax equity partnerships
- Prepares equity re-classifications
- Records and maintains intercompany balances for tax equity
- Prepares quarterly inputs within HLBV models
- Prepares supporting schedules for financial statements
- Prepares balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepares month end journal entries
- Prepares, reviews, and clearly communicates various analyses and other information to members of management and external auditors
- Satisfies tax reporting and other regulatory reporting requirements
- Any other necessary duties as assigned
- 3+ years’ accounting experience
- Education required: An undergraduate degree with an accounting concentration
- Public accounting experience
- Renewable-energy industry experience
- Proficient in Salesforce and FinancialForce
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience working with multiple legal entities and inter-company transactions
- Impeccable integrity: words and actions must continually reinforce this characteristic
- A team player with knowledge and experience in US generally accepted accounting principles
- Has a successful track record meeting deadlines, increasing efficiency, and identifying and resolving issues
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Open-office environment
- Overtime required
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.