Robert Half Technology is hiring an Information Security Specialist. Great benefits, perks and environment with competitive salary!
The Information Security Specialist is responsible for supporting the information technology functions of the company, and for ensuring security of the company’s system environments, information assets and physical information. This position has no direct reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor internal control systems to ensure appropriate access levels are maintained
• Support improvements to organizational information security policies and procedures based on industry regulations, HIPAA and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) (Preferred)
• Protect against unauthorized system access, modification and destruction
• Work with end users to determine needs of individual departments
• Coordinate implementation of policies, procedures, and standards
• Provide education and security awareness to employees, partners and third parties to ensure proper information security clearance in accordance with policies, procedures, and standards
• Review security related reports, logs and occurrences; escalate issues and initiate security response procedures
• Create and review vulnerability reports, track compliance with vulnerability management policies, and escalate
• Contribute to security improvement through evaluation of current conditions and trends; forecast requirements as applicable
• Initiate, facilitate and promote activities to create information security awareness within the organization
• Perform information security assessments to identify vulnerabilities or threats to the organization
• Participate in periodic security related audits
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or related field ; proven industry experience will be acceptable in lieu of degree
• Minimum 3 – 7 years of experience in security operations or related role
• Knowledge of ISO 27001/27002, PCI DSS and/or HIPAA (Preferred)
• A knowledgeable individual with appropriate industry experience, preferably in the healthcare, insurance or PBM industry
• Demonstrated ability to monitor and audit network security systems such as Firewalls, IPS, SIEM, DLP, web proxy, NAC, and Vulnerability Scanners
• Ability to independently identify, research and resolve issues
• An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills
• A decisive individual who possesses a strategic focus as well as an operational, implementation, and detail oriented perspective
• A strategic planner with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
• Ability to work with peers in a team effort
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
• A well-organized and self-directed individual who is able to work with minimal amount of supervision
• Capability to efficiently complete tasks in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays pursuant with industry demands
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and industry related software programs
• Willingness to travel
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or a willingness to become industry certified in information security (Preferred)
Please email your resume to Email blocked - click to apply
Office Phone: 216-621-6633
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at Phone number blocked - click to apply to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.