This position requires the assembly of components that make up the product line of SGL CARBON TECHNIC. Product line includes items such as heat exchanger and parts (tube sheets, headers, baffles), systems and parts (trays, cylinders). Strong blue-print reading skills are required, as well as experience in working with basic tooling (ie. torque wrenches) and measuring equipment (ie micrometers, gauges). Good communication skills with the other assemblers, machinists, and engineering group are also required.
- Ability to do standard shop mathematics.
- Ability to read and understand all facets of detailed blue prints.
- Ability to read and understand required measuring equipment such as micrometers, gauges, torque wrenches.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Working with the engineering organization: to follow working detail drawings as designed.
- Maintaining tools and equipment.
- High School diploma.
- Ability to work with little supervision as well as in a team.
- Strong verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate with others on technical issues.
- 3-5 years of experience in a fabrication facility.
- Experience working with pressurized equipment and welded vessels preferred.
- Ability to work with shop, management, and technical personnel.
- Safety conscious with safety training background.
- Good written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate drawing and dimensional issues to staff and employees.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and pc file management.
Stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, lift, push, pull, talk, hear, close and distance vision, depth and peripheral perception; lift up to 50 lbs.
Loud environment, works near moving parts, works in dusty conditions (with dust collectors).
Special Instructions to Applicants
Assemble Mechanical Part
Assemble Mechanical Component
Study Assembly Instruction
Test Assemble Product