With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.Job Description
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Head, NA HPEA serves as the company’s senior company representative with public affairs stakeholders in the U.S. and Canada, and serves as GHPEA business partner to the SVP and GM NA, Global Commercial Operations. This role is responsible for developing and maintaining strategies and initiatives to ensure organization awareness of and ability to shape government legislation and/or regulatory issues that affect the organization.
This role will lead development and execution of the public affairs and stakeholder engagement strategy to build CSL Behring’s profile and impact with key U.S. stakeholders to ensure that the organization’s interests are represented and protected in policy formulation and the development of market rules and procedures. This role will lead development and execution of strategies to enable the success of CSL Behring’s in-line business, including the policy and public affairs context for plasma-derived therapies; and development and cascade of strategies to shape the policy environment in the U.S. and Canada to maximize launch success of CSL Behring pipeline assets across our therapeutic areas of Immunology & Neurology; Hematology and Thrombosis; Transplant; Cardiovascular and Metabologic; and Respiratory.
The person in this role will be expected to put patients and plasma donors at the forefront of our vision for delivering value to address unmet medical needs.
- Develop and lead execution of strategic plan to drive public affairs priorities in the U.S. and Canada that enable the success of CSL Behring’s business and patient access to our therapies.
- Lead and coordinate company engagement with government officials, industry associations, and other stakeholders
- Lead the communication of business-relevant policy updates to senior company leaders
- Serve on NA Leadership Team, and partner with NA Teams, including Therapeutic Areas, Market Access, Communications, and Regulatory, to develop and execute joint strategies
- Develop and lead execution of engagement plan to ensure strong relationships with public affairs stakeholders where CSL has major business footprints
- Recruit, retain, and develop strong team of talented individuals
- Bachelor’s degree; J.D. or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- Graduate/professional degree in law, public health or similar discipline preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in healthcare policy/public affairs or comparable fields
- Experience designing and leading efforts to build company profile and impact with important healthcare public affairs stakeholders in Washington, D.C. and at the state and local level
- Experience collaborating with colleagues at multiple levels of the organization to align on and execute shared goals
- Strong understanding of the workings of major healthcare industry associations in Washington
- Experience partnering with patient groups and other key influencers to advance shared goals
- Strong network of relationships with government officials, industry, patient advocacy, and other stakeholders that are influential in Washington and at the state level
- Advanced business knowledge
- Broad management and leadership knowledge
- Strong network of relationships with government officials, industry, patient advocacy, and other stakeholders that are influential in the region
- Superior relationship building skills
- Strong communications capabilities
- Significant combined government and industry experience desirable
- Advocacy experience with pharmaceutical/ biotech, trade associations or patient advocacy organizations