Genesis Alkali is the world’s largest natural soda ash mine and production site, offering a secure, reliable and diverse range of high-quality product choices. Alkali mines and processes trona ore and manufactures soda ash that is used in the production of glass, detergents, chemical manufacturing, pulp and paper production, and water treatment. It also produces sodium bicarbonate and other chemical compounds used in common industrial, agricultural, and household applications. Our main Alkali operations are in Green River, Wyoming, home of the world's largest trona ore deposit, with a corporate office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Genesis Alkali, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Genesis Energy, L.P., (NYSE: GEL). Genesis Energy is a growth-oriented master limited partnership headquartered in Houston, Texas. Through four divisions: offshore pipeline transportation, sodium minerals and sulfur services, marine transportation and onshore facilities and transportation, we provide an integrated suite of services to refineries, oil producers, and industrial and commercial enterprises. For more information visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mine Engineer (Entry-level) or alkali.genesisenergy.com.
Why Join Genesis Alkali?
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, Vision, Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care) and Health Savings Accounts, and Pre-paid Legal, beginning first day of employment; company funds a portion of HSA.
- Retirement -
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan for Salaried employees, company makes Safe Harbor matching contributions (fully vested) of 100% up to the first 5% of eligible pay you contribute; additionally, Company makes discretionary contributions up to 5% of eligible pay in the first quarter of the following year (three-year vesting requirement).
- Pension for Hourly Union employees plus an opportunity to participate in a 401(k) savings plan. The company does not provide a matching contribution for pension eligible employees.
- Tuition reimbursement programs are available to qualifying employees for approved programs.
- Subsidized transportation to our plant from Green River, Rock Springs, and the Bridger Valley.
Posting Title: Mine Engineer (Entry-Level)
Internal Title: Mine Engineer
Location: Green River, WY
Position Summary: The entry-level engineer is an exciting opportunity to start your career with Genesis Alkali. As a Mine Engineer, you'll gain a variety of experience in maintenance and operations to keep our underground mine running. Explore all you can do in engineering; start your career with Genesis Alkali!
• Demonstrate Safety as the number one priority
• AFEs for mine projects
• Mine cost reductions
• Mine planning – i.e. panel design, extraction, etc. submit to landlords
• Dust control / air quality
• Production improvement projects in the mine
• Area budget, including capital spending and forecast
• Rock mechanics
• Engineering assistance on major mine projects
• Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university in Mine Engineering or related engineering field
• Intermediate MS Office skills
• Ability to fit test for required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Demonstrated leadership capability
• Demonstrated learning agility
• Demonstrated drive for results
• Demonstrated problem solving and organizing skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Mine Engineering experience, including internships, in an underground metal, non-metal, or coal mine
• ERP experience, with SAP and/or Oracle strongly preferred
Final determination on pay will be made by HR and company leadership holistically considering the candidate's education, experience, past performance, demonstrated leadership and influence.
Genesis Alkali is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or citizenship.
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Financial Management