$38.00 to $44.00 hourly
Robert Half Technology has joined forces with a company in the Professional Services industry to fill a Programmer Analyst role. They need a master of software and applications programming and industry requirements to create and define systems scope and objectives. Using research and fact-finding, you will recommend developments and modifications for applications or databases. Based in Tampa, Florida, this is a long-term temporary-to-full-time Programmer Analyst employment opportunity you do not want to miss.
What you get to do every single day
- Aids in creating communication materials for certain system changes being implemented in production
- Reviews and documents code problems, working with other programmers to correct them
- Build and evaluate programming changes prior to implementation for each systems development phase. Record test cases and expected outcomes. Ensure that requirements are met. May create simple tests or a defined subset of a larger system test. May suggest acceptance/rejection in cases where not all requirements are met
- Builds dictionaries for applications and systems support by the analyst, and ensures they are up to date
- Analyzes user requests for changes or improvements to systems. Creates documents of functional requirements and reviews cost, feasibility and utility. Suggests how, when and whether to proceed with the changes
- Evaluates processing procedures and suggests ways to improve
- Provides end users and other partner groups with continuing training and assistance for a specific application, system or process
- Guides internal clients on applications, systems and/or processes for identifying and resolving, processing/reporting programming problems. Provides consultation through troubleshooting and/or education
- Solid understanding of Python
- Django experience preferred
- Comprehension of PC and mainframe hardware/software
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively throughout all levels of the company
- Versatile project planning abilities that include project costing techniques
- Demonstrated grasp of programming languages
- Previous experience as a project leader for the business portion of developmental applications or major systems improvements
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Python (Programming Language)
Django (Web Framework)
Systems Development Life Cycle