To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Directly reports to the System Executive Director, ITS. Has responsibility and accountability for designing and developing data extract, transformation, and loading programs and processes to populate analytical data models and applications with high quality information.
Is responsible for the maintenance of a centralized Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), which includes both Discovery and Cogito (Helix) data, for Yale New Haven Health Services, members, stakeholders and their affiliates. In this role, analyzes all informational system requirements and ensures the accuracy and integrity of the databases.
Must understand the complexities of integrating disparate operational data sources and transforming them into relational and multi-dimensional data models in support of performance measurement and improvement activities.
Is highly proficient in ETL technologies including SQL Warehouse Administrator, SQL Server 2000 DTS and SQL Server 2005, 2008 Integration Services. Familiar with Data Base Management Systems including Oracle and SQL Server.
1. Maintains formal reporting relationship with System Executive Director, ITS. Works with Data Architects and Information Access Analysts to design and implement data integration and transformation programs and processes to enable efficient and effective access to performance measurement and other analytical information resources.
2. Leads, facilitates and executes analytical data integration projects to improve access to performance information. Supports the Data Architect and Information Access Analysts in meeting information access goals and objectives. Influences and communicates with all application analysts and database administrators to identify opportunities in data quality improvement and participating in improvement efforts. Design and implement data verification and testing routines.
3. Strong programming and application development skills that include, SQL programming, Visual Basic, Visual Studio .Net, Microsoft Excel/VBA and experience programming the requirements for loading dimension and fact tables. Consult with Data Base Administrators and Data Architects in performance tuning of the ETL and database environments.
4. Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of the metadata repository environment to enable user access to data definitions, processing, and business rules regarding performance metrics and analytical information resources.
5. Serve as the primary liaison with the ETL software vendor in monitoring the ETL solution environment, and recommending and implementing software upgrades as required. Take a proactive lead in identifying and recommending improvements to the ETL solution environment.
6. Take on any other duties as assigned by the System Executive Director, ITS.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent is required.
Three years data warehouse development experience, coupled with strong SQL and ETL experience. Experience using SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014 Integration Services, SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, Analysis Services, Visual Basic, Visual Studio .Net, Microsoft Excel/VBA, Crystal Reports, Sharepoint, Proclarity and Performance Point are highly desirable. Experience with Hadoop preferred.
SQL Server Certification preferred
Analytical data integration and transformation methodologies, design, and implementation.
Accountable for developing effective integration systems within established time estimates which meet user requirements and, when automated, are compatible with computer hardware. Analyzes and determines data availability, integration requirements, etc., of existing mainframe and non-mainframe information systems.
Exercises discretion and independent judgement in making decisions related to systems development, analyzing user needs at all levels in the organization and designing the most cost effective systems for all users.
Extract Transform Load (Etl)