Diamond Healthcare is seeking an experienced and competent individual with experience in behavioral health for the position of Physician Practice Administrator for our program at Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital, Lynchburg VA.
This is a newly created full-time position. Diamond Healthcare offers a competitive, full benefits package complete with 401k + match, generous PTO and more...
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Oversee the business management of a medical practice:
- including coding invoices for payment, monitoring and analyzing monthly reports for variances, and managing office finance
- Direct daily operations for the medical practice, including but not limited to:
- scheduling staff
- directing and assigning work tasks
- ensure all employees have been successfully trained to perform duties
- manage employee performance
- ensure the practice and staff adhere to policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- assist and provide guidance to direct reports with daily operations as needed
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to:
- meet Centra Medical Group's (CMG) business goals
- optimize CMG strategic goals
- drive team engagement
- meet or exceed patient experience goals so the practice can successfully carry out Centra's mission of Excellent Care for Life
- Manage physician and advance practice provider schedules to optimize safety and efficiency
- Liaise between the practice(s), physicians, advanced practice providers, and the Centra Medical Group to find resolutions and improve performance
- Utilize data: financial - quality - market - research to respond to business and patient needs
- Collaborate with Nursing Clinical Coordinator and Lead Physician to:
- identify, develop, and deliver training, policy, and procedures
- conduct quality improvement
- ensure regulatory requirements are consistently met
- ensure that the practice meets or exceeds other business goals
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, healthcare, or other related field
- Two years' experience leading projects and partnering with multiple stakeholders and/or supervising a team of at least five employees
- Three years' experience providing customer service, building strong customer relationships to deliver customer-centric solutions, and managing conflict to find effective resolutions.
- One year of experience with overseeing business operations and finance
- Top candidates will have business insight, the ability to apply knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organizations goals.
- Demonstrated skills using normal business equipment and expertise with Microsoft Office (Word-Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) or similar programs.
- Ability to instill trust by gaining the confidence of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, providing a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences, encouraging open expression of diverse ideas and opinions, and adjusting style to fit both the audience and the message.
- Certified Medical Practice Executive certification (CMPE) required or obtained after hire
Note that this position requires travel throughout central and south Virginia for meetings and training events.Hospital/Program Description
Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital is part of the regional non-profit healthcare system based in Lynchburg, VA. It was created in 1987 through the merger of the Lynchburg General and Virginia Baptist Hospitals. In 2006, Southside Community Hospital joined Centra and then in 2014 Bedford Memorial Hospital became the fourth hospital in the Centra healthcare system. Centra's values are centered on patient care, drive for excellence, integrity & respect, and teamwork.
Lynchburg is a small city east of the Blue Ridge Mountains offering a number of both cultural and outdoor activities. If you're a history buff, you will definitely be in your element. Outdoor winter sports abound, and Virginia Beach is only a couple hours east. Be warned...many people have visited Lynchburg, were moved by its charm and decided to call it home. Check it out and find your passion.