Fluid Quip Technologies
Fluid Quip Technologies® (Fluid Quip) provides custom technologies and engineering services to the biofuel and biochemical industries worldwide. Fluid Quip has commercialized multiple technologies to enhance the base corn-to-ethanol dry grind process, create new and novel alternative feed products, and supply the growing need for carbohydrate feedstocks into the biochemical market. Green Plains Inc., Ospraie Management, and funds and accounts managed by BlackRock hold a majority interest in Fluid Quip.
The Construction Manager Lead (CML) position will be responsible for overseeing all construction activities of systems. The CML position is responsible for leading the Construction Managers, and the project execution from pre-construction activities through project close out and the final customer acceptance phase. The CML is required to understand all phases of construction activities as well as customer interactions and have the demonstrated ability to accurately and timely communicate to all vested parties involved in the construction project. Timely communications include the leadership team, all contractors and key facility management personnel and contractors. Additionally, the CML must fully understand how to plan, schedule, and/or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Acts safely at all times and instills strong safety behavior with all contractors.
- Responsible for formulating a plan to meet the objectives of the project while adhering to an approved budget and timeline.
- Assign tasks, set deadlines, provides necessary resources, and meets regularly with construction or related workers.
- Speak openly and frequently with all stakeholders is critical.
- Participate in and supervise the successful execution of each stage of a project.
- Maintain multiple schedules and timelines.
- Participate in constructability design reviews.
- Provide support and leadership during system start-ups.
- Coordinate inspections and holds with local building inspectors.
- Coordinate FRI responses from the Engineering group.
- Instill a high-quality work environment at all times as well as demonstrates a strong QA/QC process on site.
- Examine/Inspect field conditions to identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving opportunities, while recommend/implement corrective actions where necessary.
- Manage document control; receive and maintain control log of new-issue drawings and other contract documents.
- Maintains a high level of productivity and effectiveness when experiencing major changes/challenges.
- Able to remove performance barriers to ensure project success.
- Defines short and long-term resource requirements for each project.
- BS degree in engineering, construction management, architecture, and ten (10) plus years of experience in engineering-construction business preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, people, and leadership skills.
- Familiar with construction management software packages.
- Highly proficient in project management and project execution.
- Advance knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods.
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what the best solution will be.
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including business casual work environment, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k)-retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Green Plains Inc.
Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) is a leading biorefining company focused on the development and utilization of fermentation, agricultural and biological technologies in the processing of annually renewable crops into sustainable value-added ingredients. This includes the production of cleaner low carbon biofuels, renewable feedstocks for advanced biofuels and high purity alcohols for use in cleaners and disinfectants. Green Plains is an innovative producer of Ultra-High Protein and novel ingredients for animal and aquaculture diets to help satisfy a growing global appetite for sustainable protein. The Company also owns a 48.9% limited partner interest and a 2.0% general partner interest in Green Plains Partners LP.
Product Quality Assurance