Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
Responsibilities of the Electrician include, but are not limited to:
- Installs electrical wiring and assembles components in control cabinets according to drawings and wiring diagrams
- Squares and aligns components, drills and taps back plate to mount contactors, circuit breakers, inverters, relays, transformers, etc.
- Connect color coded wires to PLC and other devices
- Tests and adjusts electrical assemblies using electrician's hand tools and test equipment
- Cuts, strips, bends and forms wire cable
- Layout and install electrical conduit using hacksaw, band saw, pipe cutters, pipe threader, mechanical or hydraulic pipe bender
- Assists in the performance of factory run testing of finished product
- Inspects, repairs, installs, modifies, and maintains electrical/electronic systems, circuits and equipment
Qualifications of the Electrician include, but are not limited to:
- May have to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to work under general supervision with a certain degree of creativity and latitude required
- Must have basic electrical knowledge and experience in the electrical trade
- Must have some knowledge of the NEC
- Must be able to run pipe threading machine, hand bend conduit with conduit bender
- Must have the ability to read wiring diagrams and drawings
- Must be able to terminate and connect color coded wiring
- Must be able to perform basic VOM checks and readings
- Must be willing to troubleshoot in-house electrical equipment (welders, cranes, etc.)
- Must maintain a safety conscience attitude at all times
Physical Demand: Must be able to stand, sit, stoop, and bend.
Working Conditions: Warehouse/Manufactoring Environment
Shift Time/Overtime: Must be able to work OT as necessary
Education: Electrical Certification
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V