To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
- Vaco - San Diego
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Manager, Government
Vaco Financial • San Diego, CA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
At Vaco, we provide you with an advantage over your competition through relationships with hiring managers directly. We have a client who is looking for an Government Accounting Manager to join their high-performing team, and we want to hear from you! The ideal candidate for this role has a public and industry accounting background with heavy government contract exposure.
From keeping you up to date on market trends and industry expectations, to providing you with valuable insight into the company's culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities of specific clients, Vaco will give you the edge you need in today's highly competitive job marketplace.
As the Government Accounting Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Process expertise in government accounting and guide management on proper accounting in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Manage and train government accounting team
- Research and understand government accounting regulations and ensure compliance with CAS, FAR, and GAAP
- Manage month-end close procedures relating to government accounting
- Represent the Organization in communicating with governmental agencies
- Ensure accurate and appropriate cost structure
- Implement processes and procedures around the government accounting team
Skills and Qualifications:
- CPA required
- Bachelor Degree in Accountancy
- 6-9 years public accounting and/or industry experience
- Expert in CAS, FAR, and GAAP
- Strong communication skills