National Community Renaissance (National CORE) is one of the nation's largest and most respected affordable housing developers and operators. With our social services provider, the Hope Through Housing Foundation (Hope), we are committed to breaking the cycle of generational poverty by implementing high-quality social services for low-income families and seniors living within and around National CORE's affordable housing developments throughout California, Texas, and Florida. We seek passionate, hardworking team members who are committed to transforming lives and communities. Together, we deliver Hope, Opportunity, Prosperity, and Empowerment to thousands of youth, adults, and seniors each year.
About the Job:
Hope Services Coordinators are responsible for developing, implementing, and managing high-quality programs and activities aimed at improving the financial stability, economic mobility, and physical and mental health of our residents and those surrounding National CORE properties. The Services Coordinator will utilize prevention, intervention, and referrals in the social service areas of early childhood education, after school care services and programs, youth and young adult development, financial education, workforce development, community building, and health and wellness. The Services Coordinator Youth Specialist works closely with onsite Property Management staff and other Hope employees and serves as a community ambassador, developing partnerships and programs that effectively prepare youth for future self-sufficiency. The Services Coordinator maintains a direct reporting relationship with an assigned Hope Through Housing Regional Director.
The Services Coordinator Youth Specialist is responsible for assessing needs, developing program strategies, and ensuring the delivery of quality child, teen, and young adult programming through a combination of direct service and service partner development within a specified geographic region. Must effectively evaluate programs and make program recommendations/changes based on the success of the programs. This position will work in partnership with Services Coordinator(s) focusing on adults/seniors and will help to develop inter-generational opportunities.
* Identify and evaluate resident needs, develop service plans, and deliver quality services for young residents both directly and through service partnerships.
* Develop and maintain positive professional relationships and provide individual support to youth and their families.
* Connect youth and families to community resources and referral opportunities, in accordance to resident surveys and data collection, providing guidance and support in accessing resources.
* Provide support for local, and/or grassroots efforts promoting youth health and wellness.
* Develop a site program schedule for residents with access to a variety of recreational, educational, and enrichment activities that help to prepare youth for success in school and life.
* Oversee delivery and evaluation of all youth development programming.
* Provide age appropriate activities and events for participants, coordinate activities to meet the developmental needs and interests of all children.
* Coordinate the delivery of youth financial literacy and college/career activities.
* Provide youth and young adult residents with opportunities for enhanced vocational and soft skills training including but not limited to resume writing, job search techniques, computer literacy, etc.
* Maintain regular communication with external relations regarding new service partners and evaluation of service delivery by partners.
* Serve as community ambassador, developing relationships resulting in in-kind service/product donations and financial contributions.
* Manage and monitor assigned property services budget including supplies, vendors, and fundraising.
* Manage and maintain a harmonious relationship with site staff and partners.
* Maintain client resident services files and database of resident contact referrals and engagement in order to identify trends, patterns, needs, opportunities, and outcomes of services including documentation and certifications. Assist with program evaluation that ensures effective youth services and outcomes.
* Provide regular reports of activities and events and maintain documentation.
* Ensure staff and service providers are consistent with required supervision of all children and ensure their guidance and safety during all recreational and sports activities.
* Ensure staff and service providers follow policies and complete records on all participants.
* Community Building Support social events and community engagement opportunities designed to build greater community among residents.
* Must attend Company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include overnight stays at locations away from the employee's home.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
* Demonstrated track record and passion for working with children, youth and young adults.
* Excellent organizational and document management skills.
* Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other HOPE staff, National CORE staff, public officials, private sector officials, parents, and community leaders.
* Ability to meet the needs of a diverse, low-income population.
* Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others.
* Familiarity with basic computer software programs and ability to type.
* Fluency in a language in addition to English is preferred.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
* Bachelor's degree in education, public health, social work or related field is desirable.
* 1-2 years of relevant experience leading and implementing youth programming, preferably with at-risk youth and focused on academic success, healthy lifestyles, and social skills.
* Demonstrated experience working in a social service, education or related field providing case management services.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Exposure to various types of weather conditions.
* Sitting, walking
* May include lifting up to 20 pounds.
* Operate computer and office equipment.
* Ability to pass TB skin test and background check.
- Audio Equipments
- Case Management
- Community Management
- Computer Literacy
- Data Collection