$80000.00 to $100000.00 yearly
The Network Operations Center Engineer is responsible for the monitoring and response of IT service related issues to expedite resolution and minimize negative customer experience. The NOC Engineer ensures maximum possible service availability and performance by identifying, categorizing and responding to application, network and system issues working to meet or exceed established Service Level Agreements in accordance to the Business objectives.
• Monitor core network and system services for outages and performance issues and respond to alerts/incidents in accordance to policies and procedures.
• Work to meet or exceed service level targets.
• Accurately and efficiently diagnose and resolve alerts. Effectively escalate unresolved alerts to the appropriate teams and coordinate efforts to resolve the issue.
• Assist in maintaining documentation including creating and editing support guides, knowledge base articles and runbooks.
• Analyze trends and provide recommendations for system/network improvement.
• Install, configure and maintain system/network monitoring applications.
• Isolates and identifies root cause of problems for network, servers, and applications in conjunction with the infrastructure teams.
• Experience with vendor management in facilitating the resolution of issues.
• Provides feedback to team and Management to improve best practices and procedures.
• Perform basic troubleshooting of Windows servers, applications and network devices.
• Coordinate server and workstation enterprise patching.
• Maintain and administer the enterprise backup solution.
• Performs other duties as assigned to support the continued success of self, team, department, and company
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree, vocational training or relevant work experience.
• 3 years working as NOC Engineer/Administrator or experience in a similar role.
• Demonstrated experience with TCP/IP networking, networking equipment, Citrix, VMware and Windows server OS. Familiarity with monitoring tools (Solarwinds preferred.)
• Good problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Sound ability to analyze issues.
• Capable of multi-tasking and prioritization of workload.
• CCNA and/or MCSE are a plus.
• Experience with Powershell scripting.
• Familiarity with VOIP Telephony is desired.
• ServiceNow Administration experience
*** For immediate consideration, please send an updated resume with salary requirement to Christopher.Ciuppa@rht.com ***
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Public Key Infrastructure