Facilitate all aspects of loan processing from application receipt to underwriting and closing in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform in-depth analysis of files for submission to underwriting and closing departments ensuring the required documentation is received and complete.
- Establish rapport with borrowers and deliver excellent customer service.
- Maintain system data including status and loan events (receipt of stipulations, dates and memos) with anticipation of closing each loan within 30 days.
- Order and review all required 3 party reports. Verify all documents and conditions have been met, obtain final approval sign off by underwriting, and confirm scheduled closing date. Resolve all loan level file issues to assist in funding the loan.
- Manage internal and external expectations on timelines, costs and processing.
- Assist with training new employees in the department.
- Follow company guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Complete special tasks as assigned by manager as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the mortgage documents and loan processing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree preferred. Equivalent experience in mortgage banking origination may be a substitute.
- 3+ years of residential processing experience preferred. Other relevant study or directly related work experience may be considered.
- Ability to work overtime (especially at the end of the month).
Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registration
- NMLS# and license would be beneficial.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.