As the VP Lead Construction Management, you will be responsible for overseeing the management of the design and construction of Company’s newest Manufacturing facility and office building project. This will include full responsibility from the entitlement process to construction closeout, including occupancy planning for the project and employee relocation coordination with the Facilities and Space Planning teams. If you are a hands-on leader, this is a great opportunity to bring your experience to Company Surgical’s workplace, shaping our future.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Program Management. Provide program management by establishing business objectives for the design, entitlement, construction, and relocation of operations. This includes establishing the project planning process, leading all related RFP processes and other facilities-related services, establishing a schedule and budget, and establishing risk assessment and risk mitigation processes.
• Design Management. Lead and manage the design process. Oversee consultants, evaluate design to program, review MEP design solutions, and manage all documentation. Outline, direct, and oversee the decision making process. Deliver reduced occupancy costs, increased efficiency, and maximize value. Manage project consultants and all service providers through final design, including value engineering of design and specifications.
• Construction Administration. Provide administrative direction to on-site construction manager(s). Establish project constraints or assumptions. Determine critical dependencies. Establish guidelines for deliverables, change and control procedures. Coordinate construction process with contractors and trades. Ensure that all applicable codes, standards, and good construction practices are followed. Lead construction meetings, provide project progress reports, and assist in permit coordination and municipal approvals. Assist in resolving field issues in the most economical and expeditious manner possible. Recommend and oversee corrective and recovery measures. Provide payment application review. Manage funds expended and monitor cost control and cash flow relative to the master project budget.
• Executive Reporting. Provide the Office of the President, and, as required, Company’s Board of Directors, with project updates.
• Post Construction. Upon receipt of certificate of substantial completion / occupancy, monitor correction of defects or outstanding work. Manage lien waiver process and closeouts. Secure as-built drawings, records of all statutory consents, service manuals and other information relevant to projects and future maintenance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, construction management, or architecture from an accredited institution. LEED certification AB+C
• Minimum 15 years of direct, progressive professional experience in the management of the construction and renovation of commercial buildings (general administration, R&D, manufacturing)
• Knowledge of application of local, state, federal regulations: building, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, OSHA, LEED, Cal-Green, ADA
• Knowledge and experience in AutoCAD, Revit
• Strong skills: MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
• Highly proficient in reading construction documents – all disciplines – architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, life safety, civil and site
• Strong analytical skills
• Highly developed interpersonal skills, with strong ability to lead internal and external resources, and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, from individual contributor to executive leadership.
• Highly effective communication skills – writing and speaking skills through written proposals, meeting facilitation, oral presentations.
• Ability to work well in a fast paced, team environment, taking a leadership role and dealing with ambiguity effectively.