To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
30 Braintree Hill Office Park
Braintree, MA 02184
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Disaster Recovery Planning Director
Voya Financial • Braintree, MA
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Assist the organization in the development and maintenance of technology related recovery plans, development of exercises and other testing modalities for multiple risks and vulnerabilities, analyzing risk opportunities consistent with company business objectives and strategy, and proactive analyzing of risks and emerging threats within our environment and vendor environments. Work closely with other SMEs in the Business Resilience Office to provide management with a consistent and accurate view of the enterprise Continuity landscape.
As a contributor to the Business Resilience Office, the individual is expected to execute upon the direction set by the Head Of Business Resilience and work fairly independently to develop, implement and communicate continuity-related policies and procedures and responsible for developing, testing, monitoring and analyzing the organization’s Disaster Recovery oversight program.
- Execute the implementation of Disaster Recovery program documentation, individual application plan documentation, testing, measurement and reporting processes.
- Oversee and task offshore execution support team.
- Developing and maintaining an effective availability program over time, inclusive of recovery/failover plan creation and updates, testing, scheduling, policy improvements, and expanded application requirements
- Managing the ongoing development, maintenance, and enhancement of disaster recovery-related activities, which include an annual planning workshop, quarterly management briefings, weekly change management meetings, data center/disaster recovery awareness and education sessions, updating IT recovery/failover plan content, and supporting periodic tests of the availability capacity.
- Conducting monthly/quarterly/yearly planning and coordination exercises with KPIs and reporting to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of the program, as well as compliance with our overall data center and disaster recovery programs.
- Collect data, perform analysis and assist in creation of internal documentation and create executive "C-Level" reports.
- Report analytics to head of department and team members.
- Provide support to the Business Resilience Team in documenting the review of materials to determine sufficiency of action items derived from different business areas of the organization.
- Provide guidance and feedback to help review application testing solutions with key IT, business and vendor stakeholders.
- Strong emphasis on project definition, scope and overall deliverable execution.
- Act as a primary on-site representative for the Business Resilience Office.
- Maintain current industry and regulatory expertise and insights in order to provide clear guidance that aligns the DR program with industry standards and business priorities.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Capable of facilitating disaster recovery projects and analyses.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with challenging situations.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality output under pressure and time constraints.
- Industry experience, knowledge, expertise in Disaster Recovery and demonstrated ability to apply to business environment.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, SharePoint) with an ability to produce professional documents ready for presentation to executive “C-Level” management.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow is beneficial.
- Must demonstrate ability to work as a member of a geographically diverse team.
- CBCP / CBCI Certification, or greater, and or working knowledge of RSA Archer platform are desirable.
- Ability to travel domestically (up to 15%).
- Ability to work overtime, as necessary, to meet aggressive deadlines and help the organization manage crises.
- Ability to self-identify and acquire necessary skills to further improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Disaster Recovery function.
- Requires working from designated primary office during regular business hours; not a virtual role.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.