Help us improve access to life-changing therapies that can transform human health
We are Cytiva, a global provider of technologies and services that advance and accelerate the development and manufacture of therapeutics. Formerly part of GE Healthcare, we have a rich heritage tracing back hundreds of years, and a fresh beginning since 2020.
Our customers undertake life-saving activities. These range from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, biologic drugs, and novel cell and gene therapies. Our job is to supply the tools and services - the pots, pans, soups and sauces - they need to work better, faster and safer, leading to better patient outcomes.
What you’ll do
The Director, Facilities and Engineering is responsible for managing the Facility and Engineering operations as well as several site support functions at the Logan manufacturing site. You will be responsible for ensuring all facilities, utilities, and equipment are designed and maintained to consistently deliver optimal performance and reliability to site operations.
As a member of the site leadership team, reporting to the Plant Leader, you will work with key business functions at the site and at corporate to define and drive the business strategy for the future of the site. You will lead a team consisting of several departments including Facilities Maintenance, Process Maintenance, Automation, and both Manufacturing and Validation Engineering.
You will ensure a safe, stimulating, and socially responsible working environment that meets industry best practices for overall employee experience as well as responsible for developing a high performing team.
This role supports both manufacturing and non-manufacturing buildings on site.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage a maintenance and engineering strategy that enables the site to meet and exceed short- and long-term operational goals.
- Lead a culture of innovation and continuous improvement within the team and the site.
- Oversee and lead site maintenance, engineering, security, and facilities operations which include; janitorial, landscaping, cafeteria services, space planning, and project management.
- Develop and manage a robust asset management program for the site’s infrastructure and assets.
- Planning and design for site building expansion and remodeling activities, lab builds and upgrades, capacity planning, space planning, engineering projects, building code compliance, asset management, maintenance and reliability programs, capital projects, and site strategic planning.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding asset management, reliability, building infrastructure, energy management, and environmental sustainability systems.
- Manage office and manufacturing space allocation and layouts at the site.
- Implement strategies to optimize cost and service levels related to utilities, plant maintenance, grounds management, janitorial, vendor management, expense management, and infrastructure project management.
- Develop and execute facilities and environmental sustainability strategies for the site.
- Oversee and maintain a strong relationship with the site’s key business partners and stakeholders to ensure goals are met and ensure a high level of internal and external customer satisfaction
- Actively support EHS initiatives and ensure they tie into facilities and engineering initiatives.
- Develop site-wide training and communication plans regarding facilities and engineering activities.
- Support integration of engineering, facility management, EHS, and strategic sourcing through special projects as assigned.
- Manage facilities capital projects and ensure facilities requirements are considered and integrated into new product development through phase gating and process transfer project plans.
Quality Specific Goals
Aware of and comply with the Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required Knowledge and understanding of production process, work instructions, documentation configuration control, non-conforming and rework documentation requirements and operates within them to ensure that the product conforms to its specification Ensures the creation of accurate, complete and timely records Aware of and comply with Stop Order, Concessions, ESD, Calibration, Preventative Maintenance, Material Identification & Segregation, and Good Documentation Practices, as associated with this job type/position
Who you are
You are a proven leader with appropriate background who will drive our site’s engineering and facilities operations to draw on synergies and overall improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related degree (e.g., Engineering, Facilities Management, Business) from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience working within a regulated manufacturing facility as a part of a professional facilities, engineering, or operations department.
- At least 10 of those years as experience in a leadership role for a facilities, maintenance, or engineering department within a manufacturing facility.
- Expert level knowledge and experience in asset management and reliability engineering.
- Strong leadership, analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Proven experience leading large capital projects.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- MBA or an advanced degree in Facilities Management, Engineering or Project Management.
- Member of an industry recognized organization such as Society for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals (SMRP), International Facility Management Association (IFMA), International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE).
- Professional Certification; Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Project Management Professional (PMP), Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP), Certified Facility Manager (CFM), Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) or Certified Reliability Leader (CRL).
- Proven ability to establish and manage relationships at all levels of the organization; including the most senior levels.
- Experience analyzing/reviewing sophisticated financial models and cost/benefit analysis with strong cost and risk management skills.
- Excellent problem solver with a proven ability to generate innovative solutions to complex issues.
- Experience leading a large team with a history of successfully coaching and developing direct reports.
- Excellent people leadership and change leadership skills.
- Experience in transformational leadership.
Who we are
Whatever your role, we bring purpose and challenge into our everyday work. If you are driven to make the world a better place thanks to science and medicine, you’ll feel right at home here. If you’re flexible, curious and relentless, you’ll belong. If you are excited about a global culture, this can be the place to further your career.
Want to know more? Experience life at Cytiva on our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director, Facilities & Engineering, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director, Facilities & Engineering and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director, Facilities & Engineering!
Cytiva is a 3.3 billion USD global life sciences leader with nearly 7000 associates across 40 countries who are dedicated to our mission to advance and accelerate therapeutics. As a trusted partner to customers that range in scale and scope, Cytiva brings efficiencies to research and manufacturing workflows, ensuring the development, manufacture and delivery of transformative medicines to patients.
Cytiva is part of the Danaher family of companies, a global science and technology innovator committed to helping customers solve complex challenges and improving quality of life around the world.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.
Certified Financial Manager