The design manager is responsible for the work originated and generated by personnel within the Design department.
Essential Functions:1. Manages the work of employees that are using computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks
2. Communicates with sales, building designers and customers as required to obtain information for timely completion
3. Reviews design work completed by designers prior to production
4. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
5. Work with sales and install teams on projects we are installing framing
1. Proficient in Mitek software
2. Ability to quote all designs (Single Family, Multi-Family/ Townhomes, Light Commercial, (Commercial))
3. IRC Building code in-depth knowledge
4. Sizing of all EWP for all projects
5. Full knowledge of product mix with no limits (Floor and Roof, Panels, EWP)
Manges design team which consists of Designer Trainee(s), Designer(s), and Senior Designer(s)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reports, technical procedures and /or government regulations; write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, dia-gram or schedule form.
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or 5-10 years of directly related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Previous managerial experience required