To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
426 North 13th Street
Springfield, IL 62702
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Related Management Company • Springfield, IL
Posted 20 days ago
Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation; Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions; Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants. Given our 42 years of experience in debt and equity financing – as well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties – we are well positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the affordable housing arena. In addition, with our extensive development experience, we bring the knowhow to expertly rehabilitate the units, thus assuring the continued viability of these projects for years to come.Responsibilities
Your role within the company:
Related Management is currently seeking a highly enthusiastic Maintenance Technician at a 150 unit/2 building affordable housing property in Springfield, IL. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for common area and apartment repairs in the scope of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and appliances. Further oversight of the building’s curb appeal through building exterior inspections, cleaning and grounds maintenance is required. Customer service and attention to detail are critical skills to ensure the satisfaction of the community’s residents. Responsibilities will also include daily cleaning and special projects as assigned.
The Maintenance Technician reports to a Maintenance Supervisor and his/her primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Complete repairs and preventative maintenance tasks in apartment homes and common areas of the building.
- Prepare vacant apartments for new resident. This includes both completing some repair work and scheduling work and replacements with local vendors.
- Troubleshoot and repair maintenance issues involving electrical, plumbing, A/C, HVAC, appliances, and carpentry.
- Assist the team with building cleanliness. This includes maintaining the grounds, parking lot, maintenance shop, common areas, laundry room, clubhouse, interior hallways and stairwells.
- Respond to emergencies within a reasonable time and complete repair or schedule vendor.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our residents and strive to continually improve.
- Efficiently completes all daily work orders in a specific amount of time. Communicates any delays in completing a work order with the supervisor and management office.
- Work with office team to ensure all make-ready repairs and services are completed and on schedule
- Respond to after hour on-call emergencies.
- Assist in the proper clearing of snow during a snow event.
Benefits and features:
Knowledge, Skills and Working Conditions:
- Maintenance and Repair skills through previous job experience or outside activities. Internal and external training will be provided along with a mentor at the site.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Vocational training and/or certifications a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and willing to work in both indoor and outdoor climates.
- Available during regular business hours (8am-5pm) Monday – Friday
- 24-hour on-call rotation schedule every other weekend.
- Must be in uniform at all times.
- Previous apartment experience preferred.
- Must have personal, reliable transportation for on-call emergencies.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer