Kelly Services has partnered with a reputable Kansas City, MO client! We are seeking Inbound and Outbound Customer Service Specialists! Temp-to-Hire opportunities with starting pay at $13.50/h!
The Care Authorization Specialist will review and process Veteran care referral requests and healthcare authorization forms to the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) Medical Centers and community health care professionals.
- Review and process medical documentation from community providers following Veteran care and treatment.
- Work with VA Care in the community staff and community medical offices to address and resolve any incomplete information required for Veteran treatment and care.
- Protect the health care privacy of patients by strictly following HIPAA regulations
- Follow processes of the VA program and perform all tasks in a courteous and professional manner
- Understand and work with standard coding systems including: standard medical taxonomy, International Classification for Diseases, Current Procedural Terminology, and Health Care Common Procedure Coding System.
- Work in a variety of systems to perform required tasks
- Manage prioritized tasks in a time-sensitive environment
- Perform other tasks as assigned by leadership
These opportunities will go fast, apply now for immediate consideration!
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum one full year of experience working in a customer service environment
- Must have experience with data-entry related to reasonably complex information such as medical records
- Must be proficient with a computer including Microsoft Office, the Internet, and other systems
- Should possess the ability to complete tasks thoroughly and efficiently
Preferred, but not required:
- College-level course work in the healthcare or equivalent field is a plus
- Experience working in a healthcare environment is a plus
- Experience with medical terms (including the interpretation and use of ICD and CPT codes is a plus
Customer Relationship Management
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Customer Service Specialist
$0.00 - $13.50 / hour
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: US3612MH_27969493
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
It all began when William R. Kelly—founder of the temporary staffing industry—established Kelly Services® in 1946. The company's traditional expertise started with office services, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. Through the years, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in disciplines such as science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, Kelly® has evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for nearly half a million people around the world every year. Since our founding, we have embodied the true spirit of social responsibility. Our character and values resonate through our culture. Inherently—through our core business focus—we seek to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families, and their communities, as well as society at large. We embrace the role we play and the value we contribute to society—whether ensuring equal opportunity to employment, promoting safer workplace conditions, advocating for healthcare reform, or adhering to sustainable business practices. Together with our employees and our customers, we will continue to work toward ensuring that our legacy will remain strong for generations to come. For more than 60 years, people have trusted Kelly Services to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.
View the full profile