To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Northlake, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Empire - Today • Northlake, IL
Posted 1 month ago
About EMPIRE TODAY®
Empire Today has been a leading provider of installed home improvements for 60 years. Empire offers the largest in-stock selection of flooring in the United States. Convenience, quality, and selection make Empire stand out. With Empire Today, homeowners and business customers can get quality Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl Flooring, and Window Treatments from top brands they know and trust. And because Empire warehouses thousands of products, customers can get the right product, professionally installed when they need it, as soon as the next day.
Empire was founded in 1959 and provides service to more than 70 metropolitan areas in the United States. With more than three million satisfied customers, Empire Today is dedicated to its mission of Making Beautiful New Floors Easy.
At Empire Today the Fleet Specialist is responsible for managing the employee car allowance program, analyze effectiveness of our fleet program, and maintain records to ensure compliance with tax regulations and insurance matters.
- Monitor and approve additions to the car allowance program. Suspend program participation as warranted.
- Compile and analyze data via Excel from internal systems for mileage reimbursement purposes.
- Create and e-mail mileage reimbursement confirmations to participants. Edit submissions as required.
- Create and submit to payroll weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly car allowance payments. Monthly reconcile against available car allowance budgets.
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal rules regarding reimbursements and maintain records in required format for compliance.
- Analyze records and create monthly reporting to stakeholders regarding effectiveness and efficiency of car allowance program.
- Develop and maintain program guidelines to administer the car allowance and Company fleet programs.
- Create and deliver educational content regarding reimbursement programs.
- Monitor and manage phone allowance program for California sales reps.
- Assist with adding/deleting approved drivers of Company vehicles to Company insurance program.
- Assist monitoring and verifying insurance coverage of employees operating personal vehicles for business purposes.
- Perform other functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Associates Degree preferred
- Demonstrated mastery of Excel, able to use complex functions, and create reports and detailed analysis using Excel.
- High level of organization and analytical skills using data from various systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with various levels of management
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Strong Multitasking and delegation skills
- Ability to work quickly and create interim solutions until permanent tool/process is available
- Highly responsive to inquiries and diligent ability to follow up
Employees are eligible for numerous benefits including:
- Quick enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
- A premium 401K Investment Plan, with the company matching your amount invested dollar for dollar up to 4% with no vesting. Find another Company that can beat that!
- Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family’s health needs.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance – Twice a year visits at no cost.
- Vision Insurance with materials coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Wellness Program – A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays including Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with years of service
- Empire Perks – An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
The company conducts a background check and drug screen for all new hires.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies’ world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.