At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products’ are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Linked In and many others.
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.Overview
Crestron’s commercial team is looking for a talented and self-motivated Senior Software Engineer to be a contributor for one of its product development teams. This team augments a multi-national team which is responsible for the Crestron commercial experience platform, the AV Framwork.
Installing a Crestron conference room is easy, fast, and affordable. Built-in .AV Framework™ technology delivers a fully-functional presentation system with simplified configuration and a choice of control options and other add-ons.
For complete details on the capabilities supported by .AV Framework, please visit:
- Acts as a development/programming resource on the development team.
- Motivates, mentors and acts as a coach to the junior members of the team.
- Provides technical leadership to assigned product families to ensure architectural and design correctness.
- Analyzes product requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Works with his team to create good modular/component-based architecture with clear communication paths.
- Works with his team to establishes and meets aggressive project commitments and timeline deliverables.
- Trains new hires on development and project management processes.
- Enforces adherence to Crestron’s development and project management processes.
- Continually looks for and recommends ways of improving development processes to optimize for delivery timelines and producing higher quality products.
- Continuously looks for root cause of bugs and takes corrective action.
- Works with Technology Management teams to define new products and ensure engineering feasibility.
- Work with technical support to resolve problems in the field with existing products.
- Direct the activities of the engineering team in the design, development, testing and ongoing maintenance of the products using industry best practices.
- Keeps self and team up to date with latest technologies and trends.
- Ensures Code Reviews of software deliverables.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s of Engineering degree is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of commercial software development experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of C#.Net programming experience is required.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented development principles, data structures and algorithm design is required.
- Experience in Multithreading, Data Structures, Garbage Collection is required.
- Proficient analytical skills to resolve complex problems is vital.
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced interactive development environment.
- Experience designing reusable architecture with well-defined interfaces along with an understanding of tradeoffs is required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze risk factors and take mitigation steps to reduce impact.
- Superior written communication skills to develop strategies, policies, standards, templates and related technical materials.
- Must be persistent, possess strong problem-solving skills, and be willing to work with others to find solutions that avoid project stalls.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, and creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce quality applications.
- Must possess a strong team orientation.
- Experience with Agile and Continuous Integration methodologies.
Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
BenefitsAt Crestron Electronics, we offer a competitive total compensation package including medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. 401K with company contribution, Paid Vacation, Holidays and more!
We have new onsite state of the art fitness and wellness centers at our Headquarters in Rockleigh, NJ.
Any agency submittal to any and all employees of Crestron Electronics, Inc by any method of communication will be deemed, the sole property of Crestron Electronics Inc.
Agile Software Development
Complex Problem Solving