Overall Job Objective:
To deliver value through the implementation of effective negotiation strategies that reduce both organizational costs and risks while improving vendor performing and encouraging innovation from the supply base.
- Manage and direct Sourcing activities to achieve maximum benefit through the continuous improvement of the goods and services provided to Ferguson and allow for the leveraging of overall company spend.
- Build strong partnerships with internal stakeholders to identify new opportunities for negotiated cost savings and measure business impact.
- Vast competencies and knowledge in contract development, including key contracting principles, standard terms, laws/regulations, and industry standards.
- Experience negotiating complex agreements for commodities, products, services and enterprise solutions.
- Applies advanced sourcing methodologies; to include the RFx sourcing processes; to develop negotiating strategies that enable effective negotiations, vendor management and process improvement.
- Responsible for selecting vendors and service providers that meet our customer’s needs which include: comparative market analysis, assisting with strategic planning and role out plans, working with logistical issues, developing pricing, dealing with any escalated issues that involve the vendor/service provider.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends, vendor capabilities and changes within the landscape for traditional and emerging solutions.
- Experienced in managing and optimizing supplier performance, including contract compliance, continuous improvement, innovations, and reduction in total cost of ownership.
- Develop and maintain strong market knowledge for assigned operations and existing national programs.
- Lead cross functional teams through a disciplined sourcing process and project management to support sourcing, supply management and operations objectives.
- Partners with Ferguson’s Legal department to mitigate risk through the review of both legal and business terms.
- Identify new business requirements and opportunities for cost savings, which will include process savings and process improvements.
- Review branch participation in agreements and address vendor or program concerns.
- Coordinates activities across Ferguson’s organizations to effectively interact with professionals at all levels.
- Monitor, measure, and audit program performance.
Interacts frequently with:
Branch Managers, Branch Operations Managers, Branch Managers, Corporate Department Heads, Regional Managers, District Mangers, Controllers, National and Regional Vendors, Senior Executives
- Demonstrated ability to deliver value through effective negotiations at the enterprise level with experience leading negotiations across multiple indirect spend categories.
- Ability to build strong internal relationships with vendors, the market, and within Ferguson
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in the accomplishment of company goals.
- Minimum of seven years of experience working directly with suppliers to conduct and lead direct negotiation of contracts.
- Extensive knowledge within varied indirect products, services and enterprise spend categories.
- Ability to be creative and innovative in finding solutions and negotiating strategies.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to manage and lead others.
- Evidence of an ability to work cross-functionally with colleagues across multiple groups and departmental to include technology, operations, finance, and legal.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience preferred.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or equivalent experience preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent experience preferred.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Business Process Improvement
Process Improvements (Business)