CHI Health St. Mary's is looking to add an experience operating room (OR) nurse (RN) to our team! We are willing to train someone with Pre-op and Post -op experience!
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.Responsibilities**$7500 Sign On Bonus Offered**Job Summary / Purpose
The Registered Nurse (RN), within their scope of practice, is responsible to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care to a designated group of healthcare consumers across the continuum. Provides services which encompass the spiritual, physiological, social, and psychological aspects of care of the sick, prevention of disease, or conservation of health. The position contributes to the mission and core values of CHI Health.Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Follow the nursing process which includes: assess, plan, implement, and evaluate. The nursing process is an ongoing process that can end at any stage.
- Assessment - Demonstrates a systematic, dynamic way to collect and analyze the following healthcare consumer data including: psychological, physiological, sociocultural, spiritual, economic and lifestyle factors
- Plan – Sets measurable and achievable short and long term goals according to standards of care based on the assessment by the nurse in collaboration with the healthcare consumer and multidisciplinary team.
- Implement – Implements and/or modifies the plan of care using assessment data, clinical reasoning based upon standards of care and evidence based practice. This includes care coordination, education and discharge planning. The nurse is accountable for the care directly, indirectly or through delegation. Professional and legal standards for delegation must be followed.
- Evaluate – Uses a systematic ongoing process to evaluate progress towards identified healthcare consumer goals. Revision of plan of care when needed involving the healthcare consumer and the multidisciplinary team.
- Documents all phases of the nursing process in the healthcare consumer’s record.
- Demonstrates personal and professional responsibility for ongoing development, practice, and education. Maintains a safe work environment. Fosters a collaborative environment in support of the nursing profession.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
Licenses & Certifications:
- Active RN licensure in the state of Nebraska, Iowa, or nurse licensure compact.
- Basic life support (BLS) from the American Heart Association is required upon hire
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support) certification required within 6 months of hire
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certification required within 6 months of hire
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) certification required within 6 months of hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prefer OR experience but will train someone with Pre-op and Post -op experience.
- This position requires the person to work in all areas of peri-op; Pre, Post, Intra-op, Phase 2.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Iv Care
- Alert Doctors
- Arm Hand Steadiness
- Conducting Physical Examinations