Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Operations Manager at XPO Logistics, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with customers, assist in route planning and monitoring, and build a bright professional future. We will equip you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you reach your career goals. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Oversee the daily operations of contract carriers, including maintaining contractor schedules, monitoring routes, reports and fostering positive working relationships with contract carriers and helpers
- Use route planning software to build efficient delivery routes
- Manage the dispatch of contract carriers and resolve issues throughout the day
- Identify problem areas, including restructuring routes to improve operational efficiencies
- Train and develop contract carriers, dispatchers to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Ensure that all work is completed accurately and within established time frame
- Ensure photos are taken for every job
- Allocate and request additional resources as needed
- Develop and mentor staff to reach goals; train staff on company policies and procedures
- Carry out managerial responsibilities, including interviewing, hiring, disciplining and resolving issues
- Ensure compliance with corporate warehouse policies, procedures and programs
- Supervise employees in accordance with company policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints/resolving problems
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 4 years related logistics and supervisory experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Experience operating a forklift and pallet jack
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics or similar
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including holidays, days, evenings, nights and weekends; travel between branches and regions occasionally
- Experience mentoring, training and guiding newer/less-experienced team members
- Bilingual English/Spanish (read, write and speak both languages)
- Strong business acumen with the willingness to act in partnership with management teams
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manager, Last Mile Operations
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Commercial Awareness
- Forklift Truck
- Microsoft Excel