Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
This is a great time to join CDK Global with highly motivated teams to build and adopt industry changing platform for the automotive industry. Fortellis Automotive Commerce Exchange™ platform, is a technology engine that enables seamless connections and greater collaboration to occur among everyone involved in serving automobile consumers, such as dealers, manufacturers, software developers, lenders and data providers. We are looking for a solution architect who is passionate to work with Fortellis key customers, OEMs and strategic partners. This is a customer facing, technology, and business-oriented position with innovation and open mindset.
This position can be based on San Jose, CA or Austin, TX.
The solution architect will be focused on providing enterprise client product opportunity solution design and will provide CDK Fortellis and data service Sales and Account teams with direct sales and proposal support to engage and win new opportunities. You will be responsible for gathering client requirements and defining client solutions and integration strategies for the OEM/auto manufacturer and large enterprise client opportunities. You will advocate for and influence Fortellis roadmaps by advocating the client perspective along with responding to prospect requests/RFPs and providing combined product solutions based on our current product sets as well as scoping new integrations or extended configurations for specific clients.
- Lead major client solution presentations to executive audiences with open mind set and strong technical expertise. Articulate solution value and design client appropriate solutions during workshops with C- and executive-level clients.
- Design and propose client solutions across products with a bias toward Fortellis and CDK product integration. Define and evangelize an API first strategy across deliverables, with an underlying micro-services approach
- Work with clients to understand their business objectives and initiatives and then map their needs to capabilities of that CDK and Fortellis offer.
- Work with product colleagues in the CDK teams to build business cases and drive the prioritization of opportunity-specific features and capabilities.
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Fortellis, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment
- Be a SME on Fortellis product capabilities and work with various sales teams to support business development and RFPs.
- The solutions architect is a very technical role - you must be broadly competent across many areas of technology
- Other duties as needed or required
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or consulting
- 5+ years product management experience, or architecture experience
- Proven conversational understanding of new technologies, API gateway, integration patterns, ideally has experiences in enterprise architect position.
- Must be excellent with clients, including proven ability to influence client decision makers effectively
- Demonstrated strong relationship-building and communication skills both across a large internal organization and with external partners
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Comfortable working with ambiguity and change
- Team player with excellent work habits and interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent presentation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- MBA or advanced technical degree
- Specific knowledge of CDK software and API gateway platform desired
- Background and experience in automotive industry a plus
- 3+ years’ experience in solution architecture/consulting/client management
- Strong business development skills, sales or business development experience
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.