Creative Financial Staffing has partnered with cutting-edge Pharmaceutical Company to identify a Senior Director of SEC Reporting &Technical Accounting to join their team. This is a great opportunity to join an organization where you can make a difference while advancing your career. Our client is a mission-focused pharmaceutical company that is looking to revolutionize the industry. This role is remote!
Why the Senior Director of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting role?
- The Company: Founded by a renowned biotech entrepreneur/investor, our client is revolutionizing the pharmaceutical industry by offering innovative medicines at dramatically reduced costs. They do this by going after known disease targets and established drug mechanisms, which allows our client to sidestep some of the biological risks that can doom biotech endeavors.
- The Growth: Launched in early 2020, our client has entered into a definitive business combination agreement that is expected to provide up to $1.8 billion in cash proceeds
- The Opportunity: This role offers complexity, visibility, and challenge. Unlike traditional Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting roles, the Senior Director is not considered a "back office" position. This opportunity will serve as a key business partner to the organization's most essential departments and executive management. The Senior Director will play a critical role in assessing and assisting with key business and strategic activities, initiatives, and transactions while advising on the appropriate accounting treatment.
- The Culture: Ranked in the "Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces of 2021" by Newsweek, our client is focused on the long-term strategy of delivering quality medicines to patients at drastically reduced costs. They believe that no patient should go untreated for their illness because they cannot afford the cost of the medicine.
The Senior Director of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the growth and build out of the SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting function.
- Advise on technical accounting considerations
- Document conclusions on the appropriate accounting for complex transactions and contracts and adoption of new accounting standards.
- Drive the preparation and filing of SEC filings.
- Ensure that the company is in compliance with all financial policies, GAAP, and SEC-related reporting requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or equivalent.
- CPA is required.
- 8+ years of experience in and working knowledge of GAAP, SEC Regulations, and SOX, including Big 4 public accounting experience.
- 3+ years working at a commercial biotech/pharma company
- Extensive knowledge of Stock-Based Compensation, Business Combinations, and Revenue Recognition.
- Experience preparing and publishing 10-Q and 10-K filings, proxy statements, registration statements, etc.
- Experience with international consolidation and multi-currency entities.
- Diseases And Disorders
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles