To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
CoStar Group • Washington, DC
Posted 27 days ago
The Senior Accountant will be primarily responsible for assisting in the monthly revenue close process, including preparation of (i) monthly journal entries, (ii) account reconciliations, and (iii) variance analyses related to the monthly results. This position will also work with the Financial Planning and Analysis team and meet with various other departments to understand fluctuations from budget and forecast to assist in the monthly close process.
This position may get exposure to technical accounting issues and interactions with external auditors related to the close process, account reconciliations and variance analyses.
The Senior Accountant should have a general knowledge Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”) and experience (i) working within a monthly close process, (ii) preparing journal entries and account reconciliations, (iii) identifying and improving monthly processes. The Senior Accountant should be eager to learn and demonstrate high energy, time management and organizational skills, strong work ethic, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
B.A. in Accounting with CPA or pursuing CPA preferred
- Prior experience in corporate accounting and/or public accounting
- Preparing or review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Implementing processes
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills
- General knowledge of GAAP guidelines and ability to enhance knowledge and apply to a variety of situations
- Familiarity with systems and optimizing use of systems to generate data for analyses
- Ability to work effectively within a team to complete projects
- Preparation of monthly journal entries and supporting schedules and review of monthly financial results
- Assistance in a variety of aspects of the Enterprise Resource Planning system implementation
- Assistance with special projects within department or as part of cross-functional teams
- Research technical accounting issues
- Work with external auditors and facilitate review of the close process, account reconciliations and variance analyses
- Experience with Oracle Fusion a Plus
Ensure timely monthly close and accurate monthly results
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing