Remote Underwriter needed ASAP! Great $$$!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Elliott Smith
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $80,000 - $120,000A bit about us:
We want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary!
- Extremely Competitive Equity Package!
- Flexible Work Schedules!
- Accelerated Career Growth!
- 5 + years experience
- Active DE
- Front line retail experience
- Experience working in a paperless environment
- Production targets: 50 loans per month
- Service Level: 24-48 hour turn times
- Rank computer skills/slash comfort with technology (we are looking for high marks here)
- Comp $85 - $95k based on experience with targeted incentive per decision
- 3 Work related references including at least one supervisor
- Active SAR
- USDA experience
- Construction/reno experience
- Would prefer location in one of our GA offices, but open to remote for the right candidate. Ideally, remote would be something that we would build to with time and training
- Would prefer someone with a similar community bank retail mortgage background (vs big bank, credit union, correspondent, or back end audit)
Maintains acceptable turnaround times for applications submitted for pre-approval and on funding packages.
Interacts with Quality Control, Compliance, and Funding for problem resolution, risk evaluation and compliance concerns.
Develops and maintains an up to date knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines offered by the company, DU/LP guidelines, and risk assessment tools used to decision mortgage loans.
Reworks loans to new terms, identifies additional conditions as needed to insure a viable credit decision.
Reviews and evaluates borrower(s) profile including but not limited to all income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary report, judgment and bankruptcy documents.
Analyzes and calculates income documentation such as personal and business income statements and ensures all necessary documentation is requested to support final loan decisions.
Exercises good judgment, conducts reasonableness tests and issues quality decisions.
Determines accuracy and completeness of files; ensures processes are consistent.
Demonstrates proficiency in automated underwriting systems.
Maintains a sound knowledge of secondary market activity, practices, and business/industry practices as they impact underwriting quality and origination activity.
Communicates regularly with loan originators, management and processors.
Maintain acceptable scorecard of performance in line with acceptable company standards.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.