The Speech–Language Pathologist is responsible for implementation of standards of care for speech language pathology services and for adherence to all conditions in the Service Agreement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts appropriate evaluations, assesses home environment (as appropriate), and identifies equipment needs relative to speech/language function.
- Assumes responsibility for the ongoing interdisciplinary assessment and development of the individualized plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s);
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care;
- Provides patient, caregiver, and family counseling;
- Provides patient and caregiver education;
- Prepares clinical notes;
- Communicates with the physician who is responsible for the home health plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current home health plan of care
- Identifies functional speech defects and establishes a plan of care to improve patient’s function.
- Administers speech therapy program utilizing specialized therapeutic technique and/or equipment.
- Recommends communication devices/aids as indicated.
- As appropriate, participates in case conferences, in-services and other meetings required ensuring coordinated and comprehensive care.
- Maintains clinical competency in speech language pathology practice and theory.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other services and refers as appropriate.
- May supervise home health aide in procedures directly related to the speech–language therapy plan of care.
- Participates in the HHA's quality assessment and performance improvement program and HHA-sponsored in-service training.
- Performs other duties as required to facilitate the delivery of speech language pathology services.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
URL blocked - click to apply
Speech Language Pathology
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: JR17729
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Ensign Services's independent operating subsidiaries provide a broad spectrum of skilled nursing and assisted living services, physical, occupational and speech therapies, home health and hospice services, and other rehabilitative, healthcare and diagnostic services for both long-term residents and short-stay rehabilitation patients at 119 post-acute, assisted living and seniors housing facilities, nine home health companies, seven hospice companies, five urgent care locations and a mobile diagnostic business, all spread across California, Arizona, Texas, Washington, Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada, Iowa, Nebraska and Oregon. Each of these operations is operated by a separate, independent operating subsidiary that has its own management, employees and assets. References herein to the consolidated "company" and "its" assets and activities, as well as the use of the terms "we," "us," "its" and similar verbiage, are not meant to imply that Ensign Services has direct operating assets, employees or revenue, or that any of the facilities, the home health and hospice businesses, the Service Center or the captive insurance subsidiary are operated by the same entity.
View the full profile