To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Huntington, WV 25701
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Technician - Huntington, WV
Konecranes • Huntington, WV
Posted 1 month ago
Other Great Industries
Engineering, Installation - Maint - Repair, Manufacturing
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: Huntington, WV, US
Employment type: Undefined term
Country: United States (US)
Location: Huntington, West Virginia (US-WV)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Service Technicians provide inspections, preventive maintenance and repairs.
• Perform inspections, maintenance and repairs on electric overhead traveling cranes and hoists at varied customer locations, as directed. Be available "on call" as part of service office rotation and provide after hours service, as required.
• Conduct on-site electrical, mechanical, structural and electronic troubleshooting to determine cause for equipment malfunction and establish the necessary repairs utilizing visual inspection, test procedures and appropriate test equipment. Perform a general post repair audit prior to completion of work, documenting that all required safety features are functional or documenting deficiencies and attaching a deficiency tag to the crane.
• Document findings and make corrective recommendations to the customer including a written "Safety Notification" of any observed or known safety concerns, if appropriate. Determine customer's intentions to purchase repairs and advise local service office of actions necessary to sell or complete the repairs.
• Consult with customer regarding all repair and safety related issues and discuss recommendations that will assist the customer with improving their material handling applications, prior to leaving job site. Determine items requiring quotation.
• Complete and provide proper electronic documentation utilizing the established company digital tools required for each service, obtaining the customer's signature and acceptance.
• Generate sales leads during service calls and report to service office, following established guidelines.
• Read, understand and apply the contents of all OSHA, ANSI, CMAA, HMI and other codes or regulations pertaining to our industry. Refresh and update knowledge periodically.
• Complete service reports and other required and appropriate documents in a professional, accurate, neat and legible manner and submit same in a timely manner and in accordance with established guidelines.
• Maintain regular communication with the service office and Planner, in accordance with established practices.
• Maintain all company issued equipment, vehicle and assets in a safe and proper working order. Operate tools, equipment and vehicles in a safe and responsible manner. Notify supervisor of any deficiencies for resolution.
• Maintain supply of forms, literature, inventory and miscellaneous materials in the service vehicle. Document use or sale to customer, as required.
• Follow all established safety rules and procedures, including those established by the customer.
• Maintain company vehicle and uniforms in a clean and presentable manner.
• Participate in monthly safety meetings.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION: Associate's degree in Industrial Electrical/Mechanical Technology or related field or equivalent vocational/technical training and experience is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum one (1) year experience involving electrical troubleshooting and mechanical repair. Some electronic experience is preferred but not necessary. Prior experience with cranes is a plus.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have and maintain a good driving record, including a valid driver's license. Must be willing and able to work off the ground. Must be able to work varied overtime, as required by customer, be available for "on call" as part of the service office rotation and be able to travel and work out of town, on occasion.
#monus #cbus #nxt
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. .
Job ID: 26308152
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.