Octo is currently seeking a Platform Software Engineer to join a growing team on an exciting and highly visible project for a DoD customer.
The Octo team is seeking a Platform Software Engineer that will provide macro-level architectural solutions of a multi-region cloud based infrastructure, a cross-cutting application and integration architecture, and a data management and analytics architecture, and provide specialized training to our product teams building on the enterprise platform. Our ideal Platform Software Engineer has senior knowledge and senior hands-on experience building multi-region cloud based systems.
This project will feature strategic team members co-located with the product teams, primarily in the Boston, MA Area, to support a culture of continuous improvement across the teams.
As the Platform Software Engineer, you will share your senior knowledge and senior hands-on experience in developing, implementing and leading cloud and/or infrastructure programs with the team.
The successful candidate will have subject matter expertise on enterprise transformation within an organization, through previous experience of leading infrastructure and/or cloud engineering teams to transform waterfall-based programs through the adoption of Agile best practices.
- 4 years’ experience in software development to include Java, Web services, Database, and/or web application development.
- 3 years’ experience with major Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry or OpenShift
- 3 years’ experience with agile and lean philosophies
- 2 years’ experience with DevSecOps tools and processes to include, but not limited to Git, Concourse, SonarQube, Fortify and ThreadFix
- 2 years’ experience with container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- 2 years’ experience providing system administration support to a diverse set of Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows, Linux, etc.)
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration techniques
- Must be US citizens and clearance eligible
- Has one (1) or more examples of successfully transforming large-scale legacy data center or on premise infrastructure to a modern cloud native application architecture
- Has two (2) or more examples of successfully leading DoD (or other highly regulated agency) cloud or infrastructure engineering teams to transform waterfall-based programs through the adoption of Agile and Continuous Delivery best practices.
- 10+ years of experience working as an infrastructure engineering lead leveraging large scale cloud infrastructure as their primary application platform.
- Experience of working with Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and the ability to provide expertise for operational management of Pivotal Cloud Foundry on monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking, storage, service brokers and buildpacks
- Experience working with Kubernetes and other open-source container orchestration technologies for automating application deployment, scaling, and management
- VMWare Certifications or equivalent industry credentials in at least one (1) of the following: Data Center Virtualization, Network Virtualization, Cloud Management and Automation.
- A software development or DevOps automation background.
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering concepts and practices such as SLI’s, SLO’s & error budgets.
Education: Bachelors in a Technical Discipline – Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree (Desired not required)
Years of Experience:
4+ years of experience or more
Clearance: Must be US citizens and clearance eligible