$80000.00 to $105000.00 yearly
There's currently a full-time opportunity in the Oil & Gas - Pipeline industry for a Senior Accountant to join a thriving, innovative company in the Houston, Texas area. As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for producing financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. This position offers a great long-term growth potential, including a strong compensation and benefits package for the candidate. We are seeking an individual with strong analytical skills that excels working in a challenging and fast-paced work environment while contributing to the continued success of the firm. This Senior Accountant role is with a company in the Oil & Gas - Pipeline field and is located in Houston, Texas.
What you get to do every single day
- Offer involvement in various department-wide initiatives
- Prepare financial analysis on trends, performance metrics, benchmarks, etc.
- Delegate resources to Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Uphold company standards when working with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls; while also providing support on special requests when required
- Continuously analyze current automation of the accounting and reporting process and present improvement suggestions
- Provide Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconciliations, reports) in compliance with GAAP
- Produce monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management purposes
- Contribute to coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- 5+ years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
- Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Deep understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Top notch analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
- Skilled at time management
- Bank reconciliations experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Foundational knowledge in budget forecasting
- Financial reporting experience
- Proficiency with corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Efficient in ERP systems
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles