Sign On Bonus for External Candidates and Eligible Employees
This Per Assessment position will require 10 hours per week
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We're fast becoming the nation's largest employer of Nurse Practitioners; offering a superior professional environment and incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of patients. This growth is not only a testament to our model's success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners.
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. We’re also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who are eager to bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day. Join us and you’ll discover a chance to build meaningful relationships with the patients, their families and the health care providers who are responsible for their care.
- Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members, including past medical history, review of symptoms, physical examination, medication review and depression screening
- Checking vitals, conducting a physical exam that includes monofilament test, urine dipstick and foot exam (as appropriate)
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication and compliance
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
Since this position involves in-home visits, the ability to work autonomously and extensive travel will be required. You should also be comfortable working with geriatric patients who have a variety of health complications.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active, unencumbered license to practice nursing in the assigned state
- Nurse Practitioner Certification from either the ANCC, AANP or AACN as Adult, Geriatric or Family
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure/prescriptive authority post-hire in states where applicable
- 1+ years of clinical experience in highest level of education OR 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to spend at least 1 hour with a member in their home, which may be in understaffed or remote areas, in the presence of pets or individuals who are tobacco users
- Ability to lift a 30 pound bag in and out of car and to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience in Gerontology, Cardiology, Internal Medicine or Endocrinology
- Home care or home visit experience
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and the ability to effectively communicate with seniors and their families
- Computer literate and able to navigate the internet
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, Home Health, Primary Care, Kalamazoo, MI, Michigan