To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3790 South Las Vegas Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Hotel Operations Manager - Front Desk (New York New York- Las Vegas))
MGM Resorts International • Las Vegas, NV
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The Hotel Operations Manager manages all operations for assigned department. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures. Operational departments to include the Front Desk, VIP Lounge, PBX, Group Desk, and Command Center.
- Manage assigned operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department, the division, and NYNY. Directs smooth, efficient, cost effective operation; including labor management, supervision of all aspects of services and inventory control. Oversee daily supervision.
- Ensure adherence to guest services standards within established departmental policies and procedures.
- Provide a positive, empowering, and productive work environment through setting an example and consistency of daily work habits and standards.
- Maintain all departmental assets including equipment repairs and maintenance and ensure all departmental areas (FOH and BOH) are maintained, clean, and organized.
- Instruct new hires and employees on the expectations and responsibilities for each role.
- Manage assigned staff to include: hiring recommendations that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; training; coaching; performance feedback, recommending and administering discipline.
- Schedule employees based on guest volume, demand patterns and scheduled group travel arrangements.
- Evaluate Front Desk Agents performance and provides coaching/progressive counseling when applicable; conducting annual performance appraisals as required.
- Practice teamwork, create a positive work environment, greet fellow employees and thank them when they lend assistance.
- Provide excellent service consistent with the property’s core service standards and brand attributes.
- Proactively greet, interact, and assist resort staff in a professional manner to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment.
- Promote and develop team-oriented philosophy stressing the importance for providing unparalleled commitment to excellence in service.
- Manage responsibilities including: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the Company’s diversity commitment.
- Evaluate and correct or modify systems and structures that create problems or impede commitment to excellence in service.
- Respond to guest service interactions in a professional and timely manner, achieving positive resolutions.
- Evaluate staffing levels in accordance with business demand, providing recommendations for adjustments whenever possible and monitors compliance of full time equivalents (FTEs) per department policy.
- Provide input into and executes the development, implementation, and measurement of guest service standards consistent with the Company’s Standards and brand attributes.
- Keep the Front Desk Management Team informed of all pertinent information related to the department and reports irregularities and problems as they occur along with recommendations for solutions.
- Notify Management Team and Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged thefts.
- Respond to emergency situations as necessary by following departmental procedures, staying calm, and assisting Security as needed.
- Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department.
- Be knowledgeable of Department and Hotel goals.
- Own all requests and complaints; resolve issues immediately and follow up to ensure the guests satisfaction.
- Be knowledgeable of Hotel information to answer guest inquiries.
- Identify and report defects throughout the Hotel; notify management immediately of hazards, injuries, equipment or processes that negatively affect the operations.
- Protect and utilize Hotel assets in a responsible and professional manner.
- Ensure the daily operations of the check in/out process runs efficiently.
- Manage up to 60 front desk line-level employees in a given shift.
- Assist front line employees with guest complaints, questions or problems as they arise.
- Run manager reports such as downtime reports and credit card authorizations.
- Oversee lobby flow and ensure lobby space is well organized.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
- Conduct team update meetings with staff and review all information pertinent to the day’s business.
- Assist guests with reports of lost/stolen articles, following hotel policy.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of guest service experience.
- At least 6 months Front Desk experience.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, and Point of Sales systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management or related field.
- Previous sales experience in hospitality/retail environment.
- Working knowledge of a Property Management System.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
*This is not intended to include every duty or responsibility of the job nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do this job.