Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
The Travel Support Specialist III reports to the organization’s Division Chef and is responsible for coordinating and creating travel authorizations all personnel within the division.
- Manages travel arrangements for division staff, including senior leadership;
- Responsible for preparing travel authorizations in accordance with the Federal Travel Regulations and in the E2 Solutions travel system; coordinates with Carlson Wagonlit Travel, as required;
- Reviews travel authorizations to certify the availability of funds as per appropriation law and other applicable legislation;
- Serves as an assistant liaison to division personnel on all matters pertaining to transportation policy; ensuring timely dissemination of regulatory updates that affect DoS missions domestically and overseas;
- Resolves issues related to the preparation, processing, and approval of travel expenditures;
- Assists in the preparation of an annual operational budget to assure funds are available for projected travel and coordinates with the DO Resource Manager to ensure accurate funding source is identified on all travel authorizations;
- Obtains diplomatic and official passports for personnel in support of Division travel;
- Directly interacts with host-country embassies to maintain up-to-date knowledge of visa issuance procedures and requirements;
- Coordinates visa issuance through host-country embassies and tracks complex approval processes spanning 1 – 6 weeks;
- Secures required clearances from the Office of the Under Secretary for Management and through the host nation’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) for entry and/or transit of DS employees designated to report to HTHR posts;
- Creates and submits electronic country clearance (eCC) requests for employees traveling to HTHR posts in accordance with host country requirements;
- Drafts travel voucher upon completion of employee travel and manages the voucher processing;
- Assist with the collection and writing for the Weekly Activity Report (WAR);
- Conduct in and out-processing procedures for new hire and departing employees to include; assign workspace, submit requests for computer and facilities access; grant SharePoint access; issue cell/blackberry device and fob, etc.;
- Maintain Division Filing Systems (active and inactive), SharePoint Sites, Staffing Calendar, and the network shared folder;
- Coordinate building and facilities maintenance with DS/EX/LS, GSA Property Management, commercial property management, vendors and outside contractors;
- Support proper security protocol: act as visitor escort; oversee proper storage, handling and destruction of classified material as directed; control/limit access to office spaces; and coordinate maintenance of physical security equipment as needed;
- Back up for entering time and attendance records for government employees using Web.TATEL software and manually maintain Compensation Time for Travel accounts;
- Back up assisting with personnel actions, work requirements statements, and EERs on the GEMS HR On-Line system;
- Briefs senior personnel on office travel requirements and related projects and requirements;
- Serves as subject matter expert on travel policies, procedures, and requirements;
- Other duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities are anticipated.
Education and/or Experience:
- Undergraduate degree and 1-3 years of administrative and/or travel experience. Without a degree, must have 5-7 years of administrative and/or travel experience;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skill and functional knowledge of E2 Travel Solutions (in-house training offered);
- Working knowledge and ability to apply the Federal Travel Regulations;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with service providers and clients;
- Ability to provide excellent customer service;
- Expertise in dealing with travel industry parties in order to facilitate the needs of personnel during complicated movements to remote and isolated areas of the world;
- Skill and ability in managing multiple concurrent activities of varying complexity, including changing priorities and short turn-around times;
- Strong ability to plan and remain organized;
- Possess strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fastpaced, high-volume work environment;
- Possess excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
SECRET Level Required
- Must have a current US Government SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation.
- Must also be able to maintain a US Government SECRET clearance.
COVID-19 Vaccination Required:
Olgoonik is subject to the Executive Order (EO) 14042 requiring COVID vaccinations for federal contractors. Beginning Dec. 8, 2021, all Olgoonik employees, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID -19 vaccination before the start date to be considered for this position. Proof of vaccination is required before the start date. For more information please click the below link:6376975847900
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally, stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear;. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
General office environment. Some travel both domestically and internationally required based on mission requirements or business demands.
- Storage (Warehousing)
- Microsoft Access