Join Amcor and you can be part of the team that makes the packaging of the future better for people and our planet.
Here at Amcor, we work together every day to make a positive impact on the lives of millions of people across the globe by providing packaging for essential products, including food, beverages, pharmaceutical, medical, home and personal-care.
We are sustainability leaders in our industry. We are the first global packaging company to commit to make all our products recyclable or reusable by 2025.
Our products are vital to support the lives of millions of people across the globe every day.
We are always looking for talented and passionate individuals who are motivated to make a difference. Working at Amcor means you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of an organisation that is committed to innovating and driving new solutions to create more sustainable packaging solutions.
To find out more about our commitment to sustainability and about Amcor, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Packer/Palletizer B Shift (635p-645a) I [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Packer/Palletizer B Shift (635p-645a) I [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Packer/Palletizer B Shift (635p-645a) I [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Packer/Palletizer B Shift (635p-645a) I [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Packer/Palletizer B Shift (635p-645a) I [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Packer/Palletizer B Shift (635p-645a)
At Amcor Rigid Packaging (ARP), our teams are focused on developing and making plastic bottles and jars that create a unique experience and are better for the environment. Our bottles and jars are primarily made from PET (polyethylene terephthalate), which has rapidly become the world’s preferred packaging material. PET is lightweight, shatterproof, recloseable, resealable, reusable and infinitely recyclable*.
With approximately 6,000 people across about 50 manufacturing operations in 11 countries and an annual revenue of US$2.9 Billion, ARP provides rigid packaging solutions to the beverage, pharmaceutical, food, and home and personal care segments.
Learn more about the many benefits of PET bottles [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Packer/Palletizer B Shift (635p-645a)
*with existing technologies including chemical recycling
Responsible for operation of machinery to pack and/or palletize product. Must acquire understanding of packing requirements and operations of machinery including palletizers, strapping machines, wrapping machines, forklifts, and overall flow of product.
General Job Duties:
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- Follow Company policies and display conduct expected of Amcor employees as stated in the Corporate and Local Handbook.
- Adhere to all safety and health objectives, policies and procedures of Amcor to provide for a safe and healthful workplace. Work in a safe manner at all times and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor in order that the situation can be corrected. Report all accidents and near misses in a timely manner when they occur.
- Maintain proper ergonomics at all times when performing assigned tasks.
- To meet and maintain all customer quality standards as well as the standards of Amcor.
- Meet daily production goals and departmental objectives as directed.
- Clean all assigned work areas after completion of the required work, return all tools to proper storage area at the end of the shift and report any malfunctioning equipment. This includes applying Good Manufacturing Practices to meet plant goals. Reports daily on Master Cleaning Schedule.
- Direct all non-conforming parts to the appropriate reprocess area.
- Maintains standard production objectives through proper machine operation and accurately records production. Communicates production information at shift change
- Maintain proper radio etiquette when using company radios, PA system and/or phone, business use only.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Packages finished product according to customer pack specifications
- Forklift operator certified and when assigned to forklift operation
- perform daily safety and operational checks
- operate forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Unload finished product with a forklift from the production area
- Move incoming material
- Check identification
- Shortage reporting
- Report damaged material
- Inspects product for quality defects. Documents quality checks per the product requirements
- Operate, load and complete minor adjustments to box loader, inserter machine, palletizer, strapper, and shrink wrapper
POSITION REQUIRMENTS Knowledge/Skills/Education
- Requires high school diploma or work experience equivalent.
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
Amcor is a non-union tobacco/nicotine free facility
Employees work 12 hours per day
There is a 14 day- 2/2/3 work schedule
Week 1- Saturday-Work, Sunday-Work, Monday-Off, Tuesday-Off, Wednesday-Work, Thursday-Work, Friday-Off
Week 2- Saturday-Off, Sunday-Off, Monday-Work, Tuesday-Work, Wednesday-Off, Thursday-Off, Friday-Work
All applicants must be able to work OT on days off if scheduled. This facility is working OT (5 days per week max)
Employees are not allowed to leave the building for lunch or breaks.
Composite or steel toes shoes are required
Must be able to stand on your feet for 12 hours
Electronic devices are not allowed on the production floor
Dress Code: T-Shirt and pants without holes, patches or cuts.No shorts or tank tops allowed.
Must have a solid work history
Please make sure you put your contact information on your resume.
Applicants that meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted directly for an interview. Please do not call and inquire about the status of your application.
Amcor is a thriving S&P 500 organisation listed both on the NYSE (AMCR) and ASX (AMC) with US$13 billion in sales. We have a proud history dating back to the 1860’s and come a long way from a single paper mill based in Melbourne to becoming the global leading packaging company. Today, Amcor is an international organisation empowering its 50,000 employees in over 40 countries and across 250 sites.
At Amcor we believe in talent through diversity and promote equal opportunity in the workplace and recognise that discrimination and harassment of co-workers based on race, creed, disability, gender, marital or maternity status, religious or political beliefs, age or sexual orientation is unlawful.
Good Manufacturing Practices