You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Diesel Mechanic - CCSD, Charleston County School District
Save time and apply now using our quick application!
First Student is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop serving CCSD, Charleston County School District!
First things First: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts.
Why join First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- $24.50 / hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- An additional $.25 per hour for each ASE certification you possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday 8-hour shifts between the hours 5:30 am - 5:30 pm full-time shift schedule and consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety glasses
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk Spot program!
About the Diesel Mechanic Position
As a Diesel Mechanic with First Student, you will help maintain and repair 2021 Thomas C2 school buses to ensure vehicle readiness & safety while guiding lower-level technicians. Other major job duties include:
- Perform preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all vehicle and equipment repair phases, including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.
Diesel Mechanic Qualifications
- Valid driver s license required; Willingness to obtain CDL while employed We train!
- At least 3 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic s toolset
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program. Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for any reason.
Get your career on the road with First Student!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
- Automotive Industry
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Monitoring And Installation Of Braking Systems
- Preventive Maintenance
- Work Orders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 25230752916-7180-669F8E36
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.