To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- North Andover, MA 01845
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Internal Audit Director
Kforce Finance and Accounting • North Andover, MA
Posted 1 month ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking an Internal Audit Director in North Andover, Massachusetts (MA). Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Drive the organizational design of the department and lead the building of the internal audit function, including but not limited to staffing, establishing goals and objectives and setting of processes and procedures; This includes designing a co-sourced model with a third-party firm to handle foreign and technical audits as well as aspects of the SOX program
- Lead responsibility for defining and structuring the internal audit function as it transitions from an outsourced model primarily performing SOX testing and functional audits to an internal department that regularly provides business insight to the operations and flexibility to perform special projects that are a priority to upper management
- Provide overall direction and leadership to ensure that all aspects of the internal audit function operate at top efficiency and achieve the function's objectives of the Audit Committee and the CFO; Effectively plan, organize, and manage activities in a manner that assures meeting objectives
- Deliver effective and clear audit reports; Ensure that audit issues are well defined, root causes are identified, and recommendations for improved internal controls and processes are communicated appropriately; As needed, provide leadership for the development and implementation of corrective action plans
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to subordinates and management with regard to internal audit activities, practices, and procedures in a manner that ensures achievement of stated objectives and promotes confidence and optimal productivity from the Internal Audit department
- Hire, train, motivate, evaluate and retain a team of professional staff, including outsourced staff to meet the audit plan; Ensure an adequate level of technical competence and skill among the staff
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance; A Master's degree in Business Administration and/or a related professional certification (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA) is strongly preferred
- Possess a minimum of years 15 years of related experience within accounting, finance, financial and operational performance measurement, and understanding complexities of the development of financial statements in a multi-product global business organization; Has a significant amount of auditing experience
- The successful candidate will be an accomplished financial executive with unquestionable integrity and a positive reputation
- Experience in building out an internal audit function
- The successful candidates collective career experience will also bring a thorough understanding of ERP systems and standard computer applications required to operate and communicate effectively within the organization (e.g. MS Office proficiency)
- Time spent within a Big 4 public accounting firm within Audit/Assurance is highly preferred
- The successful candidate will also possess a highly developed set of communication skills in order to interact with all levels of management and the Audit Committee, lead teams and direct the work of others. This will include very strong presentational skills appropriate for all levels of management and the Audit Committee
- The successful candidate will quickly become familiar with the Company's financial standards, internal controls environment, reporting standards and maintain a strong understanding of GAAP; Must also become familiar with the operations and business strategy