To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Worth, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Regional Sales Manager (Industrial Distribution) (Fort Worth, TX, US, 76178)
Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. • Fort Worth, TX
Posted 2 months ago
As a Regional Manager, you will direct and manage overall performance for your assigned Service Centers and Account Managers with the goal of meeting or exceeding P&L and productivity objectives at both the top and bottom line. In addition, it will also be up to you to staff your Service Centers with the right people, to include hiring, training and coaching new and existing team members.
Your specific responsibilities in this role will include:
- Establishing individual associate growth and performance goals, as well as developing new and veteran managers and associates
- Planning, controlling and directing regional programs and activities related to sales functions and customer service
- Maintaining adequate field, industrial, and competitive contacts to anticipate or to keep abreast of developments in markets, products, prices, promotions, and other related fields
- Evaluating the application of new market developments and recommending appropriate policies and programs
- Establishing areas of responsibility for sales management, anticipate or investigating any problems and taking corrective action
- Providing team members with time and territory management training
- Supervising and assisting sales force in developing management-level knowledge of markets and product lines
- Ensuring that customer relations are maintained at a high level by regularly visiting service centers
- Assisting in major areas covering important accounts, making joint calls to key accounts, and closing important deals
- Monitoring pricing, purchasing and contract adherence for your assigned region
- Managing regional inventory and receivables, expenses, inventory matching and accuracy, budget, and profit/loss
- Analyzing region results and implementing changes as necessary
- Preparing management reports and presentations as required
We are looking for a Regional Manager who combines an outgoing personality with a strong commitment to customer service and relationships, as well as persistent follow-up and coaching skills. You should be able to practice a leadership style based on collaboration and motivation, establishing relationships based on trust and encouraging an open environment. We like to have fun achieving our goals together. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and active-listening skills.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- High school diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Minimum 7 years in industrial distribution
- Minimum 4 years of outside sales management experience, including a track record of driving consistent sales and profitability growth
- Minimum 2 years of proven success in customer service or operations roles
- Minimum 2 years of proven success hiring, training, developing sales people to achieve established metrics
- Ability to lead by example and to promote high morale by showing enthusiasm for your work and determination to achieve results
- High degree of mechanical aptitude in order to maximize your product knowledge and help guide customers to solutions
- Ability to establish a strong sense of trust in your team members
- Solid computer skills
- Ability and desire to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Bearings and/or power transmission sales experience, preferred
As a Regional Manager with Applied, you will be part of a stable and established company with consistently strong performance and growth. Here is just some of what we have to offer:
- Base salary and bonus opportunities.
- Company vehicle
- Health, vision, and dental coverage
- 401(k) w/ company match
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays, tuition reimbursement
- Personalized training and development program
- Career development and advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding management career with a global leader in industrial distribution!
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.