Veolia is the largest sustainable environmental solutions organization globally. With over 163,000 employees worldwide, we specialize in water, waste and energy management
Shifts: Must be available to work any of the 3 current shifts (00:00 - 08:00, 08:00 -16:00, and 16:00 - 24:00).
The O&M Technician I performs a variety of operation and maintenance functions at water/wastewater production and related facilities. This is an entry-level position that performs basic operational duties under the direction of a certified operator, performs maintenance tasks, and performs janitorial and laborer duties. Days and hours of duty may vary as required to fill other O&M Technician shift schedules, or under unusual circumstances.
• Some experience in a related position and environment preferred. Qualifications
• Must consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and independently operate assigned machines and equipment meeting or exceeding processing and quality targets.
• Must demonstrate ability to learn and independently operate equipment such as pumps, engines, centrifuge, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing filters, belt presses and measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
• Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily. Independent work responsibilities will also be required.
• • High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Some experience in a related position and environment preferred.
• Must demonstrate a working ability to use computer programs for process control
• The ability to perform tasks requiring standing and walking for extended periods of time.
• The ability to climb stairs, squat, and work with hands extended above head and in front of body.
• Must be able to lift up to and carry 50 pounds.
• Requires working in outside and inside environments with noise and all temperatures and climatic conditions, and must be able to work under adverse weather conditions for extended periods of time.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver's license with a safe driving record in conjunction with policies and procedures
• Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call if required by site including weekends and holidays.
• Requires good reading, math, writing, scientific, and verbal communication skills; a mechanical aptitude; and the ability to read, interpret, and record data from meters, gauges, scales, panels, computer consoles, and other equipment.
• Requires the ability to carry out verbal and written instructions; i.e., SOP's, work orders, other documents, etc.
• Requires being self directed to carry out tasks and assignments in a team or individual environment.
• Must have the ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees.
• Must have basic computer skills including, but not limited to basic operations and manipulation of data on spreadsheets, etc.
• Must comply with Respiratory Protection and all other Safety Requirements