Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
We’re looking for a talented and energetic Operations Manager for our Dickson, TN facility. The Operations Manager directs and coordinates the overall tile manufacturing operation at the facility to ensure all objectives (safety, quality, waste, uptime, cost control, etc.) are met.
- A leader in the safety, health and environmental initiatives and procedures within the organization. Responsible for driving silica below the OSHA permissible levels, exceeding the standards for ergonomics and ensuring best practices are implemented for noise abatement.
- Leads and fosters a strong behavior based safety approach that eliminates unsafe behaviors and unsafe conditions.
- Drives continuous operational flow to ensure strong levels of improvement in efficiency, along with recognizing and eliminating waste within the process.
- Utilizes expertise to evaluate current and new process technologies, as well as teaching and training all parts of the manufacturing process to bring team past expectation levels.
- Ensures specified equipment meets product and process needs with regards to efficiency and reliability. Works directly with suppliers on the design, installation and qualification of new equipment integration within the facility.
- Follows and updates the Quality Management System, which is the basis for our certification through ISO 9001:2015. Also assists in the creation and integration of SOP’s in order to maximize standardization within the organization.
- Develops and drives a schedule that incorporates flexibility in order to customer demand and operational objectives.
- Establishes, maintains, and analyzes budgets, records, and other controls to continually minimize costs consistent with efficient operations.
- Coordinates and oversees necessary training identified in operational areas utilizing both internal and external resources.
- Completes performance evaluations and necessary coaching points for all exempt and non-exempt level direct reports.
- Supports company affirmative action plans and goals.
- Creates a dynamic team environment that delivers high performance through engagement, empowerment and continuous improvement.
- Performs other duties as applicable.
Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management/Business/Ceramics preferred. Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Knowledge of ceramic industry and ISO quality standards preferred.
- Working knowledge of safety policies and procedures
- 10-12 years of experience with at least 10 years of manufacturing management experience.
- Strong communications and listening skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to delegate, and ability to organize, analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to plan, schedule, relate ideas and coordinate priorities.
- Ability to train, motivate, and coach employees.
- Good computer skills in word processing and spreadsheets.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
Supply Chain Management