Global med device company in Irvine is seeking experienced Quality Engineers to join their team!
- Investigate complex manufacturing product quality and compliance issues (e.g., CAPA, non-conformances, audit observations) for all production processes prior to final product release based on engineering principles; analyze results, make recommendations and develop reports.
- Identify and ensure the optimization of complex Manufacturing and/or R&D processes using engineering methods (e.g., SIX Sigma and LEAN methods) for design for manufacturing and for continuous process improvement. Identify opportunities for re-design/design of basic equipment, tools, fixtures, etc. to improve manufacturing processes, and reduce risk.
- Develop, update, and maintain technical content of risk management files
- Develop training and documentation materials for production (e.g., work instructions) to enable the seamless knowledge transfer of project and manufacturing processes
- Assign support tasks; gives instruction to technicians on conducting tests; trains technicians and provides feedback; and may coordinate technician work.
- Train, coach, and guide lower level employees on routine procedures
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Engineering with 4 years related industry experience required, or
- Master's Degree or equivalent in Engineering with 3 years related industry experience required
- Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite; CAD experience preferred
- Strong documentation, communication and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of statistical techniques
- Previous experience working with lab/industrial equipment required
- Substantial understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Engineering
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Substantial understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
- Good leadership skills and ability to influence change
- Knowledge of and adherence to Quality systems
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams and key contact representing the organization on contracts or projects
- Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Complex Problem Solving
Business Process Improvement