To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chief Software Engineer
Infinity Property & Casualty • Birmingham, AL
Posted 6 days ago
Infinity Insurance Company is a leader in bringing specialized automobile insurance programs to the marketplace. We deliver innovative products and services that are designed to meet the diverse and evolving insurance needs of consumers.
When we named our company "Infinity" we knew it was a bold title. Infinity means without end. For more than 50 years, Infinity has done justice to its name, searching for every possible way to offer the best service. The key to our ongoing success is excellence. We strive for excellence in every detail, from our policy offerings and insurance products to our hiring and training programs. We don't take excellence for granted. All of our hard work has paid off. We consistently outperform the industry by making auto insurance more accessible, easier to understand and affordable.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Researches, designs, develops, tests and maintains Infinity’s Line-of-Business Software Applications applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and mathematical analysis. Works closely with Software Architects and business units in the definition of solutions. Works independently on tactical/long-term assignments and in the development of system components.
1. Analyzes and defines functional, non-functional and business requirements for software development. Mentors development staff in the art of requirements gathering.
2. Designs and develops complex software applications and model relational databases both independently and as part of a team.
3. Utilizes proven understanding of software applications and infrastructure architecture through production implementations.
5. Writes unit tests and performs integration testing to ensure high quality applications that meet business requirements. Mentors development staff in the art of test-driven development.
6. Maintains an understanding of various deployment methods and tools and writes scripts and/or procedures for efficient processes.
7. Demonstrated understanding of systems, database and networking and mentors others. Proposes solutions within the expectations of common architectural principles.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
9. Regular predictable attendance is required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Master’s degree in related area and 3 years of experience. Those with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related area of study and 5 years of experience may be considered.
2. Ability to articulate Object Oriented Concepts and have experience in Software Development Life Cycle.
3. Proven knowledge in various tools and frameworks used by the Company such as Eclipse, Struts, JSF, Grails, Foundations.
4. Proven record of new application development and the ability to perform work independently and;/or leading small teams.
5. Proven support and maintenance of software applications and cross training of others on named solutions.
6. Has or quickly develops insurance knowledge in topics of Policies, Agents, Claims and Product as well as Business knowledge in Operations, Finance and Marketing/Sales.
Infinity is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employees understand our commitment to a positive work environment and dedication to the utmost in service. Advancement opportunities include skill training and career paths for many positions. We take the time to get to know our customers and recognize the importance of building long-term relationships – with our business clients as well as our hardworking employees.
Come see why our team gets the job done right and has fun doing it!