To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
100b Main Avenue
Elmwood Park, NJ 07407
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
First Transit • Elmwood Park, NJ
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Purpose: Initiates, develops, and maintains a successful contract relationship.
- Handles all contractual services to include administrative functions, information systems, parts purchasing, and inventory control.
- Ensures compliance.
- Ensures services are provided within budget and action plans developed and implemented to improve operational efficiencies.
- Maintains company and contractual assets (vehicles, facilities, inventories, tools, and equipment).
- Ensures compliance of local, state, and federal laws and regulation (EPA, OSHA, DOT, ADA, and EEOC).
- Analyzes, prepares, and develops budgets and forecasts.
- Negotiates operating budgets and contractual terms with customers.
- Assesses resource needs, problems, and trends and plans accordingly.
- Develops action plans to ensure customer retention.
- Assures a safe working environment.
- Provides and promotes effective communications with customers.
- Provides leadership and guidance to develop location and company bench strength.
- Establishes training goals and requirements for all personnel.
- Satisfies client, corporate, and contractual reporting requirements and needs.
- Assists in technical sales support and develops sales leads.
Describe level of decision making and list examples of common decisions made:
- Develops budgets and forecasts.
- Negotiates contracts with customers.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field strongly preferred.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Minimum 5 years fleet management/maintenance leadership experience.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must have evidence of building solid relationships with supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and continuously motivate highly effective teams.
- Successful track record in managing budgets and/or P&L responsibility.
- Ability to interface with using agencies, directors, elected officials, operators, and all levels of hourly and salaried employees, including senior management.
- Must be a self-starter able to obtain successful results without supervision.