Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value, and high-quality products. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Online sales are booming at Macy’s. Our Distribution Center teams are key to our success in the modern retail landscape. They make sure that products arrive at our stores - and each customer’s doorstep - on time, in perfect condition. Behind the scenes, a lot goes into getting products to customers. When a shopper makes an online purchase, we plan, prep, and package the merchandise to get it delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible – across the country and around the world. It takes a lot of smart people working together to make that happen, and so there are many roles you can play, including (but not limited to): material handlers, equipment drivers, inventory control, packers, quality assurance, safety specialists, asset protection, and many more. Whatever role you play – we value you as a colleague. Choose the challenge that’s right for you!
Macy’s power equipment operators have the ability to learn and operate material handling equipment (MHE) in our warehouse and fulfillment centers. Types of equipment operated include stock picker, turret truck, reach truck, wave, stand-up forklift, and a motorized pallet jack.
- Operate various types of power equipment to perform pick, pull, put away and utility tasks that meet quality, accuracy and productivity expectations.
- Ability to key accurately and productively using PC’s, hand-held computers, Radio frequency equipment or other such devices.
- Safely perform job functions while navigating down narrow aisles and operating at a high elevation.
- Report all equipment failures, damages, and truck accidents as they occur. Provide feedback to the safety committee on environmental issues affecting safe equipment operation.
- Ability to learn area-specific functions within multiple systems (Warehouse systems and proprietary systems).
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- No experience required
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and handheld technology
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, depth perception and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to *2231, Power Equipment Operator, Tulsa - Part Time here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to *2231, Power Equipment Operator, Tulsa - Part Time here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to *2231, Power Equipment Operator, Tulsa - Part Time here.