Element has an opportunity for a 2nd shift Production Machinist whose primary responsibility is to operate various CNC and manual equipment in the production process. Secondary responsibilities consist of operating various Machine Shop equipment (CNC and conventional). Shift hours 2 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Skills / Qualifications
- Responsible to set-up, operate and monitor machinery to ensure that production is completed in a timely manner, including machining a variety of samples to close tolerances
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings, operating instructions, safety rules, and procedure manuals
- Experience in the use of machine tools and inspection tools such as calipers and micrometers
- Ability to review and apply Standard Operating Procedures and Quality requirements using GMP’s
- Must be able to select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, and materials on machines
- HS diploma or GED required
- Prior machine operating experience preferred
- Technical/vocational training in related field a plus
- Recent NTMA enrollees or graduates encouraged to apply
NOTE: This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or U.S. Government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the employer obtaining the necessary export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, the U.S. Department of State’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, race, religion, responsibility of dependents, sexual orientation, or gender identity or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
- Cutting Tool (Machining)
- Safety Principles
- Standard Operating Procedure